I'm "Prospered" Finally

"Car expenses: $ 1312.00" - Is that right?!?!?! :shock:

Also, "Credit cards and other loans: $ 650.00" - is that outside of what you're using the loan for? If the prosper loan would replace that, I would probably leave it out.

Good luck!!!

"Car expenses: $ 1312.00" - Is that right?!?!?! :shock:

Also, "Credit cards and other loans: $ 650.00" - is that outside of what you're using the loan for? If the prosper loan would replace that, I would probably leave it out.

Good luck!!!

Includes payments, gas, insurance and maintenance. I put it all on one line because they don't separate that out.

The loan would be to payoff the current $650.00 in cards.

Includes payments, gas, insurance and maintenance. I put it all on one line because they don't separate that out.

The loan would be to payoff the current $650.00 in cards.

I'm so confused. You can apply for a Prosper loan to pay for your car payments, your gas and your credit card payments?

Thanks, I'm not expecting it to fund though. After looking through the other listings, the HR rating plus my state interest rate cap, unless I get a whole lotta love from others who are prosperous, it probably won't happen. Would be nice though, cause even that 17% is still a heck of alot better than the 32% now. I've already tried getting the OC to reduce after GW and a years worth of on time payments, but.... no joy there!

good luck to you. Think positive thoughts. One question for you though, why didn't you wait until you cleared up the issues you say are hurting your current score? That way you wouldn't have had to explain things about your report.

How long do you have to be funded? If this one doesn't work, can you try it again later?

I don't know really, I did a financial calculator that figures how much interest you'll end up paying until the balance is gone and it nearly gave me a heart attack.

I guess I'm just anxious to get this moving. I've gotten on the OASIS with AMEX, almost done with the refi on my ARM, working with the credit union to reduce my auto payments/interest rates. These last few little things and we are cruising... patience isn't one of my virtues 8]

Thanks, I'm not expecting it to fund though. After looking through the other listings, the HR rating plus my state interest rate cap, unless I get a whole lotta love from others who are prosperous, it probably won't happen. Would be nice though, cause even that 17% is still a heck of alot better than the 32% now. I've already tried getting the OC to reduce after GW and a years worth of on time payments, but.... no joy there!

What in poop's name are you paying 32% interest on????? :shock:

What is your rate at Broke? Mine is capped at 14.5% so it looks like I may not get funded. Although I do have a question for Merk, you said to post the listing in the forums on one of the other Prosper threads. Which one do we do it on? I looked at the Borrower forum and the admin said there is a small chance that a lender will see it.

I'm just curious to know what the car expense of $1,312 represents.

Two car payments, gasoline, insurance, repairs and $5.00 per month set aside for when the tag comes due.

I have a 19 year old so insurance is a tad high for me. One of the car payments is astronomically high (thank my ex and me for being stupid enough to get talked into something in the name of "keeping the peace"). I am currently working with my credit union to refinance that one at a lower interest rate with lower payments and then (if I get the Prosper Loan and pay off credit cards) I can make two payments per month and get out from under it. The second car has about a year to go on the note but is a little older and despite being a Honda (never buy another one as long as I live) it has had some repair needs so I try to set aside money for that every month in case it breaks (AGAIN!!).

Should I break that down in my budget? Everyone seems taken back by it, but since that was the only "auto" category, I put everything in there.

Two car payments, gasoline, insurance, repairs and $5.00 per month set aside for when the tag comes due.

I have a 19 year old so insurance is a tad high for me. One of the car payments is astronomically high (thank my ex and me for being stupid enough to get talked into something in the name of "keeping the peace"). I am currently working with my credit union to refinance that one at a lower interest rate with lower payments and then (if I get the Prosper Loan and pay off credit cards) I can make two payments per month and get out from under it. The second car has about a year to go on the note but is a little older and despite being a Honda (never buy another one as long as I live) it has had some repair needs so I try to set aside money for that every month in case it breaks (AGAIN!!).

Should I break that down in my budget? Everyone seems taken back by it, but since that was the only "auto" category, I put everything in there.

I was surprised by the $1300 auto expense. I have a 17 year old car and I just added up all my car expense for the year (gas, repairs, insurance and registration fee, which is only $36 in PA). I only came up with a little over $4000 for the year. But, then again I have no car payments and I'm old, so my insurance is cheap.

I have two car payments, plus insurance at $300 monthly, plus gasoline, plus putting away a bit each month in case of repairs. I usually go through 2-3 tanks of gas a week because of the driving distance and working two jobs.

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll go back in and update.

I have two car payments, plus insurance at $300 monthly, plus gasoline, plus putting away a bit each month in case of repairs. I usually go through 2-3 tanks of gas a week because of the driving distance and working two jobs.

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll go back in and update.

Wow, and I've been whining about having to fill my tank up every week due to my new second job. (Using the money to save towards a house downpayment). Because my office and everything else is close to my home I was only filling up my tank 2-3 times/month. Now I have this part-time job (3-4 nights/week and Saturday) that's about 15 miles away (30 miles roundtrip). It's costing me another tank of gas/month.