what do u need in todays world to get a mortgage?

divinemadness

oh great. My score is only 595. I've been at my job for 4 yrs. now and I make about 50k yr. I'm looking for a home in the 100-150 range. As a newbie I made the mistake of going in and paying off all my old debts without any agreements. I can put about 15% down on a home. I had been at my previous address for about 8 yrs but had to move in the last 6 months. I had most of my utilities in my son's name so I don't have a good payment record for that .Do i still have a chance and which type of mortgage is my best bet?

oh great. My score is only 595. I've been at my job for 4 yrs. now and I make about 50k yr. I'm looking for a home in the 100-150 range. As a newbie I made the mistake of going in and paying off all my old debts without any agreements. I can put about 15% down on a home. I had been at my previous address for about 8 yrs but had to move in the last 6 months. I had most of my utilities in my son's name so I don't have a good payment record for that .Do i still have a chance and which type of mortgage is my best bet?

If they're CA and you paid them I'd try disputing the accounts on your CR. I'd dispute OC's as well. But if you can't get them (the OC's) to drop from your CR's maybe you could send good will letters. Original creditors are sometimes more amenable to good will letters. After all they got their money.

First, you want to scrutinize your credit files to make sure ALL yours acccounts are reported CORRECTLY.

The credit bureaus make more money on you reporting NEGATIVE items than they do reporting POSITIVE? Why? Because your creditors make more $$$ off you with lower scores!

:lol:

There are lots of little tricks that are used on you and I bet you have NO IDEA.