do you need a regular CC in order to get a store card???

i dont have any regular CC's. the ones i did got messed up and thus charged off. so paid they are now, and removing from tu and ex still. EQ is clean.

i only have paid loans on my EQ that are in good standing. no lates. nada..

im trying to a get a regular CC but im lost and keep getting denied.

and then im wondering do u need a regular CC in order to get a store card like any of the ones from GEMB?????????

Have you tried for a Target card yet? With that Fico score that should be a shoe in. I'm not sure if you need a regular CC but I would try if I were you. If it doesn't work out you can always dispute it off.

i applied at 604 last time, last night i tried again since my last fico pull was EQ at 647. target pulls EQ for me in NJ -- hopefully ill get it. they said we will send you an email about your application status in 24-48 hours...so im waiting impatiently... LOL :roll::?

us bank?? do they have a website????

http://www.usbank.com/

Also, you'll probably want to do a search on Bank of America's secured cards. Some people have applied for a card and then go denied. Then they are offered a 500 limit card for 99 dollars. I think there is a big thread on it if I remember correctly. Search for 500/99 or something along those terms.

We have a card from MBNA that is wrapped up in CCCS. So I know better than to poke at BofA. I know others on this site have enjoyed the card.

To Freeze your credit reports you need to call the CRAs directly and there is a $10 charge for each one you want frozen. Then when you apply for a CC, the company is forced to pull what is open. The only way around the freeze is if they already requested your CR before, then they can still access the frozen CRs. Merk posted this happening to him in another thread

To Freeze your credit reports you need to call the CRAs directly and there is a $10 charge for each one you want frozen. Then when you apply for a CC, the company is forced to pull what is open. The only way around the freeze is if they already requested your CR before, then they can still access the frozen CRs. Merk posted this happening to him in another thread

the $10- is that for NJ???