What should I do?

teacherofec

My DH had a Aspire Card. I had it on auto payment from our bank. In June of last year I noticed that I had not seen a statement. So I pulled his credit report and it showed it had been charged off and no credit for the auto payments. So my DH said stop the auto pay if they are not crediting it to the account. Well they called last week said they would take 500. and take it off the credit report but they said they would not give him a letter to that effect until they recieved the $500. they show the balance at $1100. They said they had been mailing the statement to the wrong address for 1 year. I recieved a statement with just the amount of $85.00 past due. I want to buy another house in July and I need to get this off. Thanks

Oh geesh, Aspire...

I can tell you from my experience that they keep absolutely horrible records!! If you don't pay they WILL sell to a junk debt buyer.

However, they were also very easy to get them off my and DH's report once they no longer had the account just by disputing.

I'd recommend offering to pay if they delete the TL. Make sure you point out that they messed up by not sending your statement to the appropriate place.

If they refuse to delete I'd pay it anyway and wait a few months and dispute.

That's just my HO...