Capital One

betam4x

Oh yes, everyone's favorite creditor. I had 2 cards with em, they got charged off. Cap One offered to settle with me for 50%. I decided to take them up on it (before i found this site.). I am making the last payment on the first card this month. My question is: after settlement has anyone had any luck disputing the TLs and getting them removed, or getting the TLs removed in general with Cap One? The items in question weren't sold, they were assigned and are being reported as charge offs. Has anyone had any success with PFDs? My main thing is: These charge offs were done late last year, so i'm going to be stuck with them on my credit report which severely hurts my chances of opening up any credit cards in the near future.

Oh and one more thing: One of these cards has about 2 years of OKs, would a deletion hurt my score since thats a lot of history?

Oh yes, everyone's favorite creditor. I had 2 cards with em, they got charged off. Cap One offered to settle with me for 50%. I decided to take them up on it (before i found this site.). I am making the last payment on the first card this month. My question is: after settlement has anyone had any luck disputing the TLs and getting them removed, or getting the TLs removed in general with Cap One? The items in question weren't sold, they were assigned and are being reported as charge offs. Has anyone had any success with PFDs? My main thing is: These charge offs were done late last year, so i'm going to be stuck with them on my credit report which severely hurts my chances of opening up any credit cards in the near future.

Oh and one more thing: One of these cards has about 2 years of OKs, would a deletion hurt my score since thats a lot of history?

Do a search for all of your questions- you'll see plenty of responses- most of us here have "been there, done that" with Crap one.

I too wished I had never settled with them.

NO- they will not PFD, NO- they will not remove a TL until the 7 year clock ticks it's last tock

That's why we call them- Crap One

Do a search for all of your questions- you'll see plenty of responses- most of us here have "been there, done that" with Crap one.

I too wished I had never settled with them.

NO- they will not PFD, NO- they will not remove a TL until the 7 year clock ticks it's last tock

That's why we call them- Crap One

I've been there and have the T-shirt. I settled with Crap One about 6 years ago. Finally next month It's due to fall off. Nothing has budged them from reporting as "settled for less than full balance".

Why not? Aren't they known to sue every opportunity they get?

Haha..I wish they would have tried to sue me! When I defaulted on them being young and dumb, I moved, they never found me. They never tried to sue me. I settled with them- (stupidly before I found this forum) AFTER the SOL tolled just because I stupidly thought paying would make the bad TL go away.... Anyway, being in a SOR state- I could have sued them for attempting to sue me after the SOL. That's one advantage to living in MS.... oh well.... live and learn

But yes, they do love to sue and often!