Should I sent this d/v now or do I need to wait?

angielynne

I just noticed that a negative tradeline from Portfolio Recovery Associates has "magically" appeared on all three credit reports. This is from an Old Washington Mutual/Providian card that was charged off in 2006. I know that it is a legit debt, but they never sent me anything first.

What I need to know is should I go ahead and d/v them now since they didn't bother to send the standard letter first? I'm in the process of two other PFD deals and I don't have the cash to deal with portfolio Recovery right now (it's well over $7,000). Or can I wait until I have the other baddies dealt with then come back and d/v them?

I don't want to end up sued or pushed when I don't have the cash to negotiate?

I don't want to end up sued or pushed when I don't have the cash to negotiate?

Then I personally would wait, but not too long, you need to be checking court records to make sure they are not suing you since you never received an initial dunning letter. These JDBs are scum, so be careful!

It sounds like your taking steps to improve your credit and prevent potential lawsuits, good job!