whocares

Cards that blacklist or don't forget

I had a US Air card that was closed when I filed. Can I get a secured card to keep my miles from expirating? It is with Barclay Bank. I had two acct with Barclay when I filed. Both had about 4k balances. If not does anyone know if I can have my wife open a cc with my ff miles. She filed also but didn't have any Barclay cards.

Less than two weeks for discharge!!

AMEX wants me to apply for Optima card when I got a collection account with them. I wonder if this will work. AB-85o
I'm in the same boat, I'm in a payment arrangement with AMEX until I pay off the debt ( around $1,800) and once I do they informed me that between 30-45 days I would get a Optima with a $750 limit. After all, I went from spending 100K a year on a Platinum Amex to nada. However, they did informed me that I cannot miss one payment or that's it.
Go for the Optima, it through thier OASIS program and it is a great way to re-establish yourself with them while paying down the old debt.:Dxdancex

Be warned, if you miss one payment, they close the account and send EVERYTHING to collection and your done with them.:shock::oops:

So, this program of Amex is legit. Which they give you an opportunity to pay off an old debt and they will issue you with an Optima card. Hopefully they won't be looking at credit scores. I've had a 16 year relationship with Amex until things went south. Indeed, they did informed me that I couldn't miss one payment or my one and only opportunity would be gone.

So it is called "Oasis program" ??

This link from NanaC might help some of you.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221664&highlight=post+credit+cards

What Credit CC's After BK? *Updated 5/27/04*

Rejections (BK Unfriendly):

1. Lowe's (MB)

2. Home Depot (MB) **

3. Walmart

4. Mervyns **

5. Exxon/Mobile **

6. Amex Green

7. Best Buy (Household)-Recently confirmed letter due to bankruptcy Ch 13 6.5

years

8. Citgo

9. Amex Optima Secured

10. Home Depot

11. CitiBank

12. Associates: Citgo (try manual 24 ms+, 3 good lines)

13. First USA (try manual 5+ years discharge)

14. Bank of America **

15. Sears

16. Fleet

17. First USA

18. Mens Wearhouse

19. Monogram Bank = MB **

20. Amex LOC

21. Juniper

22. Chase Manhattan

23. Target Visa

24. Corvette Mastercard **

25. Target with recent BK discharge within 4 months**

26. UnionPlus **

27. GM Card **

28. Conoco

29. Wells Fargo Secured

30. Newport News/Spiegals/Eddie Bauer **

31. WFFNB

32. Circuit City **

33. J.C. Penney **

34. Kohl's

35. USBank

36. Netbank

37. Discover

I have heard various things about Best Buy.

However, in my experience, you can get a Best Buy mastercard even if you have discharged another HSBC card in your BK. I did. I discharged an HSBC card when I filed in 2008 and was able to obtain a Best Buy mastercard in May 2010. YMMV

Macy's - they bought the old Burdines. Had a card with Burdines from1979 to 1989 never missed a payment. Divorce in 1990 - small bal w/Burdines charged off and then paid in full in 1991 (full settlement). Applied for Macy's about 3 yrs ago after they had acquired Burdines - turned down because of the old paid CO....:(

You're not missing anything, with Macy's, Penny's, etc., it's better to pay cash. Especially when they have their Wednesday sales. Grab a few coupons and your good. I gave up on department store cc almost 20 years ago. Between the sales and coupons you're better off using cash. By the time you figure everything out the following month you really didn't save a dime. As interest mounts, you will certainly pay more for the products then they're worth.88-)

I have heard various things about Best Buy.

However, in my experience, you can get a Best Buy mastercard even if you have discharged another HSBC card in your BK. I did. I discharged an HSBC card when I filed in 2008 and was able to obtain a Best Buy mastercard in May 2010. YMMV

I had a Best Buy CC back in 04', and It was closed due to non-payment. I was just recently approved for an Orchard Bank (HSBC) Credit Card. So that might be good news if I ever try to get another Best Buy CC. :rolleyes:

those anyone know if citibank has a blacklist,i had a shell mc with them which was co and i paid it,now its not on my report and i cant get anything from them,i only have a checking and savings with them for 7 years.

I had a card go bad on them 7 yrs ago. Recently I received a preapproved offer from them and now have a card with a 1900 limit.

Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card by AMEX issued by American Express. Anybody know if this will give me a card? I was a user on my wife's Amex card that we filled against. We filed in Feb 2010 and were discharged June 2010. Looking to get card in my name if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I had a weird experience with AMEX, I declared bankruptcy in 1999 and discharged an AMEX card in the amount ~$3,000. Well in 2017 I applied for an AMEX card, was approved, only used it a couple time and kept it payed off. Then last month I got a notice from my credit monitoring service that my AMEX account was "closed by grantor". I figured it had simply been closed for non-use as I hadn't put a charge on it for over a year. However, when I got the notice in the mail it said the account had been closed due to "prior charged off AMEX account". Lol! I guess somebody at AMEX must have done a search of 20 year old charge off records and flagged my account.