Why no phone conversations with CA ?

NYMatt

I tried putting my question in the search function but got nothing.I got a message from a family member that I got a call from GC Services limited Partnership in Houston , TX. If they call and I answer what should I say ?

What's the reason for not talking to them by phone ? It was on this forum that I learned you should never talk with them on the phone but I want to know the reason.Thanks !

A couple of reasons.

They could promise you something if you paid...and not live up to it. Then all you can say is "Well, they promised on the phone" If it ain't written down, it didn't happen.

Plus they are a big headache. It's easier to think about what you want to say to them, write it down. That way, in the heat of the moment, you don't say or promise something to them that later on you would regret.

Another thing to, if you do something they dont like, manners are out the window and then it goes to threats and back handed comments. Gets annoying. It can be fun to harress them back, but I know about 79878937648937438974 other things Id rather do then hear a collection rep tell me Im skum bcuz I have something in collections. But its fun to make them all flustered!:twisted:

But also, you have no paper trail unless they mail it to you. And good luck on that.....

Please refer to http://budhibbs.com/debt_collector.htm for a good list of reasons NEVER to talk to debt collectors--by telephone, telex, telegraph, etc. GET EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING IN WRITING!! :)

Oh, from personal experience: talking to GC Services ESPECIALLY is a big NO! They believe that the GC stands for GULLIBLE CONSUMER!

Some people do talk to them on the phone, but they are recording the calls to use as court leverage for violations of the FDCPA... and those I know that do talk to them know their rights backwards, forwards and upside down so they don't get frustrated or angered into making a mistake.

If you intend to talk to them on the phone (not recommended), you will need to find out if you are in a one-party or two-party state. In a two party state, both persons in the conversation must be aware they are being recorded so you would have to tell them. And you need a recording system for your phone and test it before hand on someone else!

If you aren't in a state where you can legally record your conversations with a CA, there's no point in saying anything over the phone. Why? You'll have no proof of it. If you want all of your communications with them in writing, request it in a nice little letter sent CMRRR.

Acyually I found a better way to get them off fast... well at least it worked for me.

After they give me a schpeil about "this call may be recorded for training purposes", i have said Great! cuz I am recording the call from my end also.

Had 2 different places trying to collect on out of SOL debt say.."I dont consent to being recorded". I said well wait you said you were recording so you consented from your end. They said "We said MAY be recorded".

So I said well it isnt maybe anymore.. you are being recorded to anything else you say gives your consent.

Phone calls abruptly ended for some reason.........

I tried putting my question in the search function but got nothing.I got a message from a family member that I got a call from GC Services limited Partnership in Houston , TX. If they call and I answer what should I say ?

What's the reason for not talking to them by phone ? It was on this forum that I learned you should never talk with them on the phone but I want to know the reason.Thanks !

tell them to keep all contact in writing. This is a VCC and to code it as that

Acyually I found a better way to get them off fast... well at least it worked for me.

After they give me a schpeil about "this call may be recorded for training purposes", i have said Great! cuz I am recording the call from my end also.

Had 2 different places trying to collect on out of SOL debt say.."I dont consent to being recorded". I said well wait you said you were recording so you consented from your end. They said "We said MAY be recorded".

So I said well it isnt maybe anymore.. you are being recorded to anything else you say gives your consent.

Phone calls abruptly ended for some reason.........

Playing games like this with CA's is fine and dandy if you're actually recording them refusing to give consent for later use against them. If you're just trying to get them off of the phone, it's really not worthwhile. Ignore their calls - plain and simple, and only communicate with them in writing.