One Down, Many More to Go

gator944

After loitering on this site and getting some amazing advice from all of you here for a couple of my wife's issues, I finally plunged into my own credit repair. Probably shouldn't have but I basically disputed everything negative on my EQ and EX reports. All of which are outside of SOL. TU's website said due to security reasons, I must contact them by phone or mail.

I did the disputes with EQ first on 1/7/08. On 1/15/08 I disputed with EX. One of these disputed debts was reporting a $10,000.00 balance with a monthly payment of about $600.00 on the EQ report, but the last reported date was sometime in 2003. When I hit the EX report on 1/15 it showed updated in 01/2008 with the new balance of $1000.00 and $59.00/month.

Just received my first verification confirmation yesterday from EQ showing the above account being verified and correct. Low and behold, it also now read the same as the correct EX report. Might be coincidence, but I think the people with account got the message and jumped on it when they got the EQ dispute.

The sweet gooey center of this is that I reduced my debt to income ratio by 9000 greenbacks with just a few clicks of the mouse, and many more are coming. Why am I telling you all this? I want all of you to know how much you help people. Any words I try to use to express the gratitude my family and I have for this site, and ALL of the members in it, fall far short of truly expressing how we feel.

As most of you know, when you dispute Equifax, they will send you and update with each verification that comes in. Since my disputes, I had a TL updated from a 10,000.00 balance to a 1500.00 balance and the payment shown as $59/month from $700/month. Great shot in the arm for my debt to income ratio.

A week ago I disputed all but one TL on Experian. They are reporting the same info as above, plus I got an old Capitol One TL deleated. I can't believe it. All of that in just a week.

Of course all the rest are still pending. Most of them age out in about 10 or 11 months anyway. Here's the real kicker though......My Experian score went from a 430 something to 578. I know 578 is still quite poor, but wow, a hundred and forty points?

Again, thanks to everyone here for your tips and pointers. This is where I got the motivation to tackle this.