Summons-Palisades Collection

1. Who is suing you? Palidase

2. For how much?839.99

3. Who is the original creditor?HSBC

4. How do you know you are being sued? received a summons to collect

5. How were you served? Were you served?left om my door

6. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? sent DV few days after

7. Where do you live?new york

8. When is the last time you paid on this account?Never

9. What is the status of your case (if anything has been opened)? You can find this by a) calling the court or B) looking it up online (many states have this information posted daily).went to file an swer

10. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?)yes

11. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? If not, don't bother doing this now.i requestded it via CRB websites, several times in the last 4 mths

12. Does your summons require a response? (Look hard!) If you don't get a questionnaire with your summons, you are still probably required to answer it in writing. If you don't respond to the lawsuit notice you will lose automatically. In 99% of the cases, they will require you to answer the summons, and each point they are claiming. We need to know what the "charges" are. Please post what they are claiming. Did you receive an interrogatory (questionnaire) regarding the lawsuit? no questionare, just to respond in 20 days

13. What evidence did they send with the summons? An affadavit? A statement from the OC? Anything else they attached as exhibits?nothing

14. What is the SOL on the debt? To find out:6 years in new york

I was told by the county clerk that i needed to serve Palisades, CMRRR or via server company, my 20 days willl be up on the 1/22/08 i was planning on overnighting it today, is that correct

also why did they give me back my verification form, the first part was notorized by the county clerk and i ws told that i neede to get the 2nd part notorized myself..very confused

Edit/Delete Message

Sorry originally posted in the wrong forum.