Hypothetical situation...

betam4x

Hi everyone,

I have a hypothetical situation I need your input on.

Lets say I have a debt being reported on my credit report and I have reason to believe this debt isn't mine. So i send a DV letter to the CA reporting it and they ignore the DV. I then send additional letters to the CA and they also ignore those, but verify when i dispute with the CRA. Lets say this debt is NOT timely. Would I be able to file a suit alleging FCRA violations, and demand proof of debt during suit? If the company has no proof, would i win since they have no way to prove it's accurate information?

Hypothetically, if the CA has no proof, why would you go to court? There's no reason to make this more complicated than necessary.

If you believe this account is not yours, send the appropriate documentation required by the FCRA. You can find the list at 1681c-2, subsection 605B. The definition of, and reason for, a proper ID Theft report is found at 1681a, subsection 603(q). There is a sticky at the top of this page.