kb9tbq

Hello

I know it has been a while since I have been here, I have been on another board helping where there is less traffic then here.

But I wanted to come back and get updated see who all are still around. Catch up on old times.

I had published a few articles and will have some of my work published in a book soon.

I got married about 6 months back, I took a hit on my credit when I got divorced. Got some credit repair of my own to take care of.

Right now I work on another board and I am on disability I went back on SSI after my divorce I had a flare up with my mental illness and had to start taking medication again. But I am doing better now.

Sorry I stayed away so long, I will definitely try to come in here more and post.

Got some credit repair of my own to take care of.

Tell me about it... I am in the same boat about having to do some fixing, except I happen to have a LOT of fixing to do... I have to say that it really sucks... I felt that I really became a credit repair guru having fixed everything and not having a single blemish and helping others... And then having it go down the tubes...

So you got married six months ago... Give us details... I have been out of the loop for so long...

I had a nice wedding, lots of people come out to see us, it was a very hot day though. My husbands name is Jesse he is currently in college for annimation.

I even got to pick out the dress I wanted, it was all black, black is my favorite color.

My credit repair is all credit card debt that went south when I got divorced and applied for SSI. I think I have 2 judgments against me. I have a new name and it has not been updated to my credit report yet. I was thinking of updating my new name then trying to get my old name removed to help my credit repair. I keep trying to order my reports online but it just won't work until I write in and send a copy of my drivers license and marriage certificate.

I am hoping if I remove the old name I can also dispute past addresses off then dispute the accounts and get them removed that way. I remember another member on this board doing that some years back. I don't want to wake up any collection agencies though so I have just been waiting until I know the SOL is up.

I guess I should not be worred about waking the collection agencies up since I am on SSI and that is exempt but I don't want to risk them freezing my checking account for any reason cause I rely on it and need it to auto pay bills each month. My mother recently had her bank account frozen and she unfortunately had income other then SSI that was garnishable. I have a low paying job that earns me maybe $100 per month and I don't want to risk that being garnished cause I need that to get by month to month.

Sorry to hear about all the rough times that you have been going through... But hey, you got married and you are off to a new start and a new journey...

2007 was a horrible year for me too... I thought I was getting laid off since my work site was closing down... Instead, it got downsized to only four people... I still kept my job but now I don't know for how much longer... Perhaps six months or a couple of years... I don't know... I am fairly certain that I will still be employed when my wife gives birth in March...

Anyway, I am looking for 2008 to be a new beginning in lots of different ways...

And give more details about your wedding... I assume it was a June wedding...

Yes we where married in June on the 16th, my sister was my brides maid and Jesse's brother was best man. I had my sisters father give me away. We had the wedding at Jesse's aunt and uncles house outside. Then we had the reception in town where Jesse's sister worked. We made out own music for the reception.

We looked cute, both of us are short, neither of us are over 5'2" tall lol

Was pretty good year we moved in to his friends house where he is in a punk band called Fierce Amatures. Band member lives in the basement so they play a lot of music here in the house.

Can't believe it has been almost 6 years out here on the internet. Started out in 2002 and here it is 2008. I am glad that I get by just ok here money wise.

I just have to get on top of my mental illness, the doctors put me on Geodone, it is for Bipolar Disorder, but I am also OCD, PTSD, ADHD and Borderline Personality. I had spent time on other boards for a while, it is interesting the different mixes of issues I have and the people I have found out on the boards. I am always interested in meeting people that have similar issues like I do.

Hey Wolfy! Welcome back! Congrats on the upcoming baby event! :)++ And best wishes on your marriage Kb.:p

I believe "Once a CIC'er, always a CIC'er". I can't imagine not having CIC in my life. I've learned so much and made friends along the way.

Hey KB!

So glad to see you back. Drop me an email, the address is the same. Last time I sent you one, it came back. If you lost it, PM me and I'll give it to you again.

We're on a credit repair again also. Long story, but, what can we say.

My biggest fight now is getting my driver's license back. I collapsed last August and spent a week in the VA Hospital. They thought I had another Stroke. A "Resident" notified DMV of this and they suspended me. I go to the Neurologist on January 31 and should get a clean bill, then, have to schedule a date to be retested, both written and behind the wheel. Real B****, wife is angry as she does not like to drive that much, plus she stops more often, but, the biggest thing of all is the lady at DMV thought it quite stupid, but, since it was, she must follow the rules.

Plus, when I ride with wife, especially on freeway or open road, she cruises at 90+ (we went to see family over the holidays), which causes me to pucker. She is a good driver, but, it is the other guy I fear. Yes, in our car it only feels like you are doing 70, BUT, if she wants to pass, she kicks it more taking it over 100. At over 360 HP, it scoots.

Yes, I'm going to need your expertise on some matters.

retmar, you are someone else that I haven't seen in a while...

And you are having credit repair issues too! I felt awful having cleaned up my credit and not having a single blemish for years and then being in a bind... It sucks...

I must admit that I have forgot a lot of info that I use to know, I am needing a refresher course myself on some things.

I have been working on a board that does not see much in credit repair since it is primarily a credit card site. So I got behind on some things.

I have eight sight problems, and the small print on the boards makes it hard for me to keep up on things, some days I only post at a given time of day when I know my eight sight is stronger like in the mornings. I went to an eye doctor and he seen me, but could not hook me up with glasses and didn't tell me that in the first place. So I have to wait until my medical card will cover a visit again with a doctor that can test me and give me glasses all on the medical card. So I just kind of let my studies slip over the years.

Yes, Ravenous, got a mess going.

We had finished our repair and all was great. Scores over 700 and all CR's clear. No worries.

The short version is our home flooded due to an improper installation of a water heater prior to our purchase of home. The idiot used galvanized on copper to connect the supply lines from home to heater. We were on the street for 5 weeks during repair. My being Diabetic does not allow me to "dine" at the FF's as diet must be balanced. Big expense. Plus, extra gas, and other unexpected items added. BUT, the biggest problem was that, and we all know this, is that our insurance, nor anyone else's for that matter, pays what is fair. We've been with them over 20 years without a claim. Example of this was our power bill for the 5 weeks. It was just under $1300 and the insurance only gave us $256. The usage all due to contractor. They did not pay for most of food as we were in a supposed "Kitchenette". Microwave was a little one rated at 400 watts, and, each time you turned it on, the breaker flipped. DUH!

Well, this caught up with us and snowballed out of control. We began having to make mortgage payment at end of month, with late fee. Called to try and get back in line, such as breaking down over a 12 month period, or whatever. Our lender, Chase, said no. Their attitude was too bad, so sad, pay us. They flat out refused to assist us in any matter. Countrywide, who had our HELOC, did the same thing. Refused. And they wonder why consumers have problems. We had to refi, at a ripoff rate, due to a creditor reporting a 30 day, without notice, by the way. We're still getting back in line. I don't wish these things on anybody, well, most anybody. CA's and JDB's do not count.

Hey, I'm old and tough, and hard to bluff.

Well hello KB, your a sight for sore eyes. Glad your back here. Sorry its for the wrong reason. Is your email addy still the same. I kind of stayed away from that other sight, they get to intense with each other over int., balance transfers and such. Where are you living now.

Lefty

I am still in Illinois I moved a few towns over from Kewanee to Galesburg been here a few years now.It is nice to hear from you, how have things been going for you?

My e-mail address changed I will pm you my new e-mail.

How is your bowling game going?

Hey, was just checking back.

Still doing good here, I recently received a pm from dcpetty, RENEE, and vonniegirl. Nice to see them still here on the board.

People just been coming out of the woodworks. :p

NativeChild - I talked to her just a few days ago on the phone and she was asking me about old members here on CIC. So just thought I would say hello for her.

I'm still here, just too much going on at one time. Hope to visit more often in the near future. For those who have my email, it is still the same, drop me a line. Same goes for PM's is you don't.

All stay safe and be happy!