FYI- AIG 18 mos NO interest

Last year, DH and I purchased some new furniture. The store was offering first 18 months at 0% interest- AIG being the creditor.

So, we purchased $3500 worth. I've been paying MUCH more than the minimum. We've only got $99 left to pay, and the 18 months is not up until July 2008.

Well, when I made December's payment- I noticed it did not clear my bank. So, being the holidays and all, I gave them a week to see if it would clear. It didn't, so I called them.

Here's what happened- THEY erroneously entered my bank account number and left off a number. They charged me a late fee, returned check fee, AND interest! All totaling $75!!!

The CS rep admitted AIG was in error and she could remove the late charge. She couldn't do anything about the other charges. So, I had to speak with a manager who DID correct the statement and removed ALL the charges and interest.

Everything was fine until, I received January's bill- they charged us $0.01 in interest. A Penny! I called them, and the .01cent charge is for "correcting" my statement. I'm like, "are you serious?" and the CS rep says "yes ma'am". They just had to get something!

So, their dumb A$$es are paid off as of today.

Oh, and of course for the past 4 or 5 months we've been getting the letters from them telling us how great our payment history is and offering us more credit.

what scores did you have for approval with AIG? who did they pull?

I wanted to apply at furniture store with them, but after Wells Fargo turned me down (60 months no interest), I was kinda shy about being denied twice in one night. :(

Raymour and Flanigan?? Amazing enough they approved me for $3000. Must have been doing drugs. At least I think that's what WFFNB means.

Raymour and Flanigan?? Amazing enough they approved me for $3000. Must have been doing drugs. At least I think that's what WFFNB means.

How long did it take you to find out if you were approved?

I applied 2 weeks ago and no information yet.

I did get a call from wells Fargo to verify my Identity.

How long did it take you to find out if you were approved?

I applied 2 weeks ago and no information yet.

I did get a call from wells Fargo to verify my Identity.

I got an e-mail from them the night (this past Saturday) I applied, which I didn't see until Monday (I wasn't expecting it). They pulled TU and I don't think my score is that good. It was around 620 and I just got two collection accounts removed (NCO and Palisades, DV works), the FAKO has gone up 40 points, but who knows what the FICO is? I'm waiting until the last collection drops to pull official FICOs. But, probably TU is 630-640 or so.

I know I'm going on too much, sorry. When you get old you tend to dither.