pursue delete or leave the CO?

hank44

you've all been helpful with advice about my continued pursuit of removing a CO I have on my report. But now that I have all 3 cra's reporting nearly identical account and inquiries, only EQ has deleted my account with the CO and my fico score is about 30 points lower than TU and EX! It seems deleting that account has hurt my score due to the length of time it was open, much more so than the CO itself. Any advice about giving up the fight and riding it out? I still believe I can get them to delete with the ammo that I have, but now not so sure that I should.

Yes, your score will suffer. However, once you have removed the negative tradeline and your good history ages your score will go up again. With a negative tradeline on your reports you do risk getting denied for any new credit as many cc companies will not approve reports with baddies on them. How old is the debt? If it is near to the 7 year reporting date deadline and you are not in the immediate need of applying for new credit or a mortgage then I would definitely ride it out.