Capitalone not recognizing payments?

mathis9394

We have been paying on a Cap1 for a little over 7 months and twice I have disputed the balance on my husbands CR. My questions are (1) do they still add interest? When we called it was 1098 been paying 25 a month so balance is 925 (roughly) but they now have balance listed as 1110. And (2) would it be better to just focus on this one and reduce my payments to the other debts, so I can get Cap1 out of our hair? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

If your CL is 1k, throw everything you possibly can at it. You're on that borderline where fees get out of hand, and if they hold a payment it will put you over and late. It's not a good place to be.

Just like a checking account, you can have no problems for months or years and love your bank, but once you screw up and hit zero, they'll show you why they're a bunch of bastards you never should have trusted in the first place!

We have been paying on a Cap1 for a little over 7 months and twice I have disputed the balance on my husbands CR. My questions are (1) do they still add interest? When we called it was 1098 been paying 25 a month so balance is 925 (roughly) but they now have balance listed as 1110. And (2) would it be better to just focus on this one and reduce my payments to the other debts, so I can get Cap1 out of our hair? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I would rank your cards by interest rate. If Crap 1 is the highest, try and throw an extra $50 a month over the minimum. When you get that paid down throw the $50 + cap 1's minimum at the next and so on. I stole that from someone here so credit is due...just can't remember who originally posted it but it's working for me. Also, throw all your cards in a zip lock bag, fill it with water and throw it in the freezer.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the card was charged off. So even if its charged off they can still add interest and so forth? They sound like real vultures. Thanks for the info!

Well that little tidbit of info changes everything. They can and will continue to charge interest even though CO'd. How long ago did this happen? Was the $25 month agreement you had with Cap1 in writing? Did you request an update to "pays as agreed" on your CR's?

It was closed in August of 2006 and we started making payments in June of 2007. My husband talked to them in July of 07 and they were willing to settle for 700 dollars but we just did not have the money, and 25 is all we could afford. I was hoping that it was bring some of the balance down but I guess I was wrong. :-(

So does my husband need to call Capitalone and talk to them and also send a letter? I am so financially ignorant its embarrassing. :oops:Thanks for the help!