Do I have a case?

mkr_00

I had an old Credit Card collection from MCM. I did the whole procedure for dispute, DV, etc. With out my knowledge, my wife paid a bill that we got in the mail. They then updated from a collection (from an old credit card) to an open installment account 120 days late with a 0 balance. This dropped my score 100 points. WTF? The original account iwas revolving and I never made any payment to mcm that would make it 120 days late except the y payoff which was more like 5 years late. Every month I dispute and they verify. They consitantly ignore my DV attempts. How can I figure out what are the exact laws they are breaking? I am in Texas so aren't they also breaking the TFC by ignoring me? What do I do next?

They then updated from a collection (from an old credit card) to an open installment account 120 days late with a 0 balance.

Who updated this, the OC or CA? Are you saying the CA changed the account from a charge off to an installment account?

There is little you can do when an OC updates an account, esp. if a payment is made. That will automatically update the Last Activity date to current and tank your score. However, if we're talking moving a tradeline from the CO section of your report to the installment section of your report, that's another story.

The OC has stayed the same for years. The CA is changing it around just to damage my score. It is now shown as a paid collection reporting as a 120+ late open installment account with a zero balance by the CA. At the bottom of the entry it says "Paid Clollection". How can it be a paid collection and an open installment account at the same time? I have plenty of old credit reports over the yeats that show them listed as different things (open/closed, Installment/collection/Factoring Company Acount, debt purchaser.) They have only reported to Equifax, but have verified several disputes. they always ignore my DV's as well.

Thanks

Yeah, they're just trying to tick you off. I would send a dispute to the CRA telling them it is reporting incorrectly (CMRRR of course) and let them know that if they don't correct your next option will be to sue them and the CA for incorrectly reporting this account. If it comes back verified, then find a naca atty who will take your case.