Original Creditor Investigation Question...

kenchimato

Hello All,

Here's a brief summary of the situation that this question is regarding:

1. Disputed listing of a debt with TransUnion that I do not remember from 6 years ago. TransUnion came back saying debt verified with OC.

2. Sent letter requesting investigation into the account in question to OC. In that letter specifically asked for information that they are making available to TransUnion.

3. Sent this letter to the OC certified to the address provided by TransUnion as their contact information.

4. Letter came back today undeliverable - address bad and no forwarding address listed. TransUnion states that they do not have any phone contact for this company, just the address.

Have I just busted TransUnion on this, and if so what's the proper way to call them on it and have the item removed?

Did attempt to go at them for method of verification, and they wouldn't give nadda. Said that they had no phone number and that their contact information was listed on the credit report they sent in response to the verification request.

So, I looked and the only "contact information" for the OC was a mailing address. I decided to mail the investigation request to this address in the hopes that it would turn up nothing. Wht it turned up was a bad address.

I'm wondering if this is an opportunity to go back at TransUnion and get them on it. I know that might not be possible, but could it be worth a try?

I would further dispute it with TU, and state clearly that the address and phone listed with the CRA is incorrect. Also, include a copy of the letter from TU which states that they verified it via mail, and a copy of your letter which shows that the address is bad. I would demand that they immediately delete the listing as it is obviously impossible to validate if they have no correct contact info for the CA. Obviously they didn't complete an investigation or they would have known that the address was bad. Good luck.