Disputing with OC

dtronx

Quick question over here. I sent a letter to the CRA (TU & EQ) requesting a dispute for a debt that I had. Both TU and EQ verified the debt. I then sent a letter to the OC for validation of the debt and their 30 days is almost up with still no response from the OC. What would be my next course of action and what would be a good letter to write to the OC after their 30 have gone up? Thanks for any help.

First off, you can't DV an OC...

I mean, technically you can - you can write the letter and send it off to them. But unfortunately, the DV process isn't meant for OC's...It only works for CA's...So your next step would be to either DV the CA in question or request an investigation per Section 623 of the FCRA with the OC.

:goodluck:

I never DV'd the OC. I sent a letter a to the OC to verify the debt or prove that I was late is which you can do AFTER you dispute it with the CRA and it comes back verified. If you dispute it before the CRA verifies it then it's useless.

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone help me with this please.

Follow the steps in this link:

http://creditinfocenter.com/repair/DisputingWithOriginalCreditor.shtml

As stated earlier, you cannot DV the OC which is what you are attempting to do. You have to request the investigation under sec 623 of the FCRA. They will then have to verify the accuracy of their TL. If you did not cite the correct statute in your letter, it will probably be ignored.