Trans Union letter

Bullishjth

I sent in two letters to TU asking for an investigation. I including in my letter that they must provide their method of verification and that a simple "verified" letter would not due.

Here is a snippet of a section of a 4 page form letter they sent me back.

"RE: Verification Documents not available

We store information in our records as it is supplied to us by creditors. When information is disputed, we are required to investigate and record the current status of the information. We do not provide dispute verification responses received from creditors. If you need to obtain documentation or written verification concerning your accounts, then please contact your creditors directly."

Are they allowed to do this??? If not is this where i go medieval on them?

"Addittional dispute information." so they get an extra 15 days to investigate.

Any advice would be welcome.:)++

Trans Union

2 Baldwin Place

P.O. Box 2000

Chester, PA 19022-2000

Attention: Dispute Department

File Number: &*$$#^$^

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing you in regards to your letter (Dated January 16, 2008) that I received on January 24, 2008. In your letter you said that I would have to contact the original creditor for the method of verification, this is incorrect. I would like to remind you that under the FCRA section 611 (a) (7) you must provide this to me if requested.

Yes, I know this gives you 15 days ON TOP OF the original 30 days after verification to get this information to me. However, you still must furnish the method of verification. You better do that, or I will sue you for willful non-compliance with the FCRA.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention in this matter.

Bullish, King of Trans Union Haters

:twisted: