What do you guys mean by LOCKED OUT/FROZEN Credit Report???

Kreepin

I've seen it quite a bit here. Does that mean that if I dispute the same account too many times or just simply dispute EVERY negative account on my report, they will keep me from accessing my OWN report?

Hopefully, I'm way off base here, b/c that would be a pain if there was an account which one legitimately did not owe!!!

1) I believe that "Locked Out/Frozen Credit Report" is when a consumer requests that the three CBs to “freeze” their credit file, lenders can no longer see a credit history. Therefore lenders will not likely issue credit and the consumer is protected from the possibility of fraudulent accounts being opened with their data.

2) I have also heard that if you have a TC Account and request too many inquires (CR's) on your account, TC may lock you out and close your account.

I hope this helps somewhat. Does anyone else want to take a shot?:smile:

sounds about right to me! :p

Sounds like OP is referring to the 2nd option...being locked out from own report. It's a thing with TC (truecredit) and its resellers....they claim those who pull updated copies of their reports every day are attempting to defraud the system..blah blah blah...so they ban you from their services.

Not a big deal, as one can go to a NON-TC product and be just fine.

sounds about right to me! :p

Sounds like OP is referring to the 2nd option...being locked out from own report. It's a thing with TC (truecredit) and its resellers....they claim those who pull updated copies of their reports every day are attempting to defraud the system..blah blah blah...so they ban you from their services.

Not a big deal, as one can go to a NON-TC product and be just fine.

Thanks! I have TC and have been doing so EVERY DAY...why the hell do they give you the option if they don't want you to?:twisted: