What does Dell Financing report as?

I got approved for Dell about 2 weeks ago. I decided to get a new laptop. This one is starting to show it's age. It still works, but I bought it second hand 2 years ago. Dell approved me for $1500. I just got the laptop I want with the programs I want, it's around $1300

I was hoping that the Dell account would report like an installment account. It would help my mixture since my only installment credit is my student loans (and one really old repo, grrr). I always get crap about, not having a mixture of credit. EX and EQ seem very hung up on the fact that I don't have a mortgage. Well, if you keep my scores down, I never will.:twisted:

Okay, blathering again.

Does anyone know the answer to the title question???

Yeah. The INQ reported as installment, the actual account reports as revolving. On the positive side, they do report to all three.

Great, just what I need. EX is already squawking about my "utilization of your 4 bank cards" on my FAKO and it's only 25%. I'll knock them down next month but, really EX will ding you for anything.

I just checked the interest on my account...29% is too high for me...I'll be paying in full next month

I agreed to one of their "service plans" so it would be interest free for 6 months. I expect to have it paid off long before that. The service plan is probably not a deal, but you get nothing for the 29% interest.

Mag, make sure you actually have 0% interest. I read on a couple of rip-off sites that Dell was actually trying to screw folks with that and not honoring the 0%. If you got anything in writing you should be ok.

I love Dells, but their financing team seem to be thieves of the unhonorable kind...

Mag, make sure you actually have 0% interest. I read on a couple of rip-off sites that Dell was actually trying to screw folks with that and not honoring the 0%. If you got anything in writing you should be ok.

I love Dells, but their financing team seem to be thieves of the unhonorable kind...

Thanks for the tip!! I'll make sure. If that's right I'll raise hell and cancel their "service plan".