Spontaneous credit line increase!

First, though, let me put in a p.s. to my banking problem thread - I don't think anyone read the update - it's in the banking section. I got a call telling me they had refunded all $115 of the fees connected with that little mistake! I guess it pays to grumble and complain about how the other banks have them beat for fees and threaten to close out an account. To reward them for their niceness, I'm keeping that account open.

But on topic, last summer I asked Sam's Club to raise my $300 credit limit and they raised it to $500. Even though I've been pretty close to the limit lately, I just opened a statement (I usually hardly look at them), and saw that they just raised me to $900!

The moral of the story is: Don't despair about $300 credit limits (unless it's with Orchard Bank.) They may turn it into a "real" credit limit someday, if you're patient enough!

(Oh yeah, ironically, I made a mistake and went over the limit just a month ago, but I called up and made good with an immediate payment and there was no fee or penalty for it - they've been pretty nice to work with!)

First, though, let me put in a p.s. to my banking problem thread - I don't think anyone read the update - it's in the banking section. I got a call telling me they had refunded all $115 of the fees connected with that little mistake! I guess it pays to grumble and complain about how the other banks have them beat for fees and threaten to close out an account. To reward them for their niceness, I'm keeping that account open.

But on topic, last summer I asked Sam's Club to raise my $300 credit limit and they raised it to $500. Even though I've been pretty close to the limit lately, I just opened a statement (I usually hardly look at them), and saw that they just raised me to $900!

The moral of the story is: Don't despair about $300 credit limits (unless it's with Orchard Bank.) They may turn it into a "real" credit limit someday, if you're patient enough!

(Oh yeah, ironically, I made a mistake and went over the limit just a month ago, but I called up and made good with an immediate payment and there was no fee or penalty for it - they've been pretty nice to work with!)

Congratulations, Ctf!! ::celebrate::::balloons::::linedancers:::trumpet:

I did read your message over in the Banking area. I like reading about you and the hub and the market. You all have inspired me to start Sharebuilder. In fact, now I'm reading Ben Stein's book about supercharging your portfolio. (I guess that's off topic)

Congratulations, Ctf!! ::celebrate::::balloons::::linedancers:::trumpet:

I did read your message over in the Banking area. I like reading about you and the hub and the market. You all have inspired me to start Sharebuilder. In fact, now I'm reading Ben Stein's book about supercharging your portfolio. (I guess that's off topic)

Ditto! :)++

I subscribed to that thread for the updates. :lol: I'm actually beginning to understand some of the lingo. :shock:

Thanks, Musey and Magdelen. I like Ben Stein, and I haven't heard of that book, so I'm going to check it out. In turn, you've helped me!

:wink:

I've since moved on to "Yes, You Still Can Retire Comfortably!" I'm only 12 years from retiring (at least from my state job). That's one of the reasons I started working part-time doing taxes. So I have a little something, something when I retire.

I still have to check out my portfolio. I'm having problems getting the website that Ben recommended to respond to my e-mail for trial software (a simulator for evaluating your portfolio). And I don't want to buy it. Not yet, anyway.