SOL and DV..Is it too late?

momy2autumn

I am going to try to make a long story short. I opened all of my accounts in GA(SOL 4 yrs?) and have been living in LA(SOL 3 yrs ?) for the last two years. I have settled with a CA in the past only to realize that it made no difference to my CR/FICO. This is all in regards to 14000 in CC debt.

Also, I have not received any letters to my current address being that they only have my previous on file. Therefore I have no letter in hand with a 30 day window to send my DV. This is where I am confused. I have probably looked straight at my answer and haven`t realized it.

Should I send a DV to the Big 3? Will they in turn let the CA know my current address so I may receive a letter with a 30 day window? Do I DV the CA first?

And one more thing, does the SOL start with the DOFD or the last payment. Alot of mine are 3 yrs old as of this month. Some are closer to 3 1/2. Thank you all so much. This is so confusing to me. I am 24 and a little wet behind the ears..lol

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. As of now I have yet to contact any CA or the Big 3. I am extremely happy to have found this site before I tried this on my own. You all have opened my eyes and have given me a ray of hope!

So since the SOL is up on some according to LA but not yet for GA should I send my DV to the Big 3 or the CA. I am going to open a PO Box on Monday because I do not want them to have my home address. A CA has already tried to hunt me down in FL calling my grandmother and her neighbors saying I owe so and so. I thought that by law they were unable to do this.

I can but from what I have been reading it is best to have a letter to refer to when sending my DV. I think that by law they do not have to investigate if it is an untimely DV. So if I send one they may or may not answer.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is do I send a DV to the Big 3 first or take my chance with an untimely DV. I just want them to start sending the letters to my PO box. Wow, I`m making this more confusing then it is. I`m sorry. I`m confusing myself now.

To the OP,

You dispute the big three technically. You DV a CA. Careful on SOL as these are extremely important and as Muse said are calculated via the DOFD. If SOL has not run you would be wise to not kick them in the balls to get them into that gear.

Check and see if Georgia Tolls the SOL (freezes). Not sure, but they might.

Have you even pulled your reports yet from the CRA's? That might be a good thing to do first to see where you are at.

The SOL on Open in Georgia is 4 years, but some cases have been made to apply the Written which is 6 years. Without you listing the DOFD it's not possible to tell you where you stand on either case.

Ok, so I dispute the Big 3. I thought I was wording that one wrong. Thank you.

I have pulled TU and EQ as of right now.

According to them my Cap 1 last payment date 11/04 DOFD 08/05.:shock:

Chase last payment 9/05 DOFD 5/06

and another last payment 4/03 DOFD 7/05:shock: XhairX

another last payment 12/04 DOFD 8/05

I have a few others that look very similar. Bad choices un-thought out decisions and typical 19 year old behavior. So here I am 5 yrs later.

16 negatives. All accounts are CO`s. CA trying to hunt me down

According to what you have above you are not even at 3 years, so your SOL is far from up (run) right now.

You need to be careful and not wake up people that may not have you that firmly on the radar right now.

Also, not sure I would think hiding from them via not providing your address is such a great idea. I'd think you may wish to know what collectors are coming after you and for what. Your CR's are a source for that though, but they need not be on any of them and still try to collect from you.

I'd be curious what others take would be on this. On the flip side could make an argument that the process servers would know how to find you.

You would do well to read, and read and read some more through these forums and you'll learn a lot very quickly. There is a huge amount of good information available and good advice. Try to read through many opinions and answers before deciding what works for you. That will come to you in short order. Use the search function to locate specifics.

I can but from what I have been reading it is best to have a letter to refer to when sending my DV. I think that by law they do not have to investigate if it is an untimely DV. So if I send one they may or may not answer.
You can always DV a collection agency however, if done untimely they do not have to respond to your request for validation but if they are reporting that tradeline on your credit report they must list it as "disputed by consumer" That is why it is important that after you DV you also dispute the reported tradeline with the (CRA's ) credit reporting agencies. They need to validate with you before they verify with the CRA's. Here are some links you'll want to read up on. Debt validation, Flowchart, Credit Repair,
I guess what I am trying to figure out is do I send a DV to the Big 3 first or take my chance with an untimely DV. I just want them to start sending the letters to my PO box. Wow, I`m making this more confusing then it is. I`m sorry. I`m confusing myself now.
You do not request validation from the CRA's. Technically you are asking that the CRA's conduct an investigation and verify that the information reported on your CR is accurate. There is alot of information to take in don't worry that's why we are all here. It's all a learning process. The links I have posted will hopefully help shed some light on this whole "credit repair" process. :)

Thank you all so much for your help! I am going to get busy and read some more. This process makes me feel as if I do not have enough storage capacity to take this all in..lol

Again thank you and I will see how it goes. Just wanting to keep focused throughout the ordeal and not loose my mind..lol

Thank you all so much for your help! I am going to get busy and read some more. This process makes me feel as if I do not have enough storage capacity to take this all in..lol

Again thank you and I will see how it goes. Just wanting to keep focused throughout the ordeal and not loose my mind..lol

It feels that way at first, but the alien spoken here starts to become common language very quickly. It's not that hard, just takes a commitment to read a lot and you'll start to figure out where you fit in.

Welcome to the board. You'll find you can take control of this, rather than the other way around.

Sry to add to this thread. I looked at EQ and the DOFD are alot different than the ones I previously posted (TU). Now I am very confused.:confused:

I am looking at

Jan 05 x 5

Oct 05

Feb 05 x 2

Sept 04

Jul 04

Oct 02

May 06

Hmm, now to tackle which state and which SOL to go by. LA-3yrs would be a little better than GA-4 yrs. :?

I have updated my current address so I might start receiving letters.

It's very likely the DOFD is not spelled out on the CR. You can sometimes figure them out if recent default (within a few years) often the first yellow "30" late you see if followed by a 60-90-120 and eventual CO. The month of the first 30 is the DOFD. You can also call the CRA's and ask. They will have that info.