Jump to content

Trying to settle a judgment

Recommended Posts

Your state laws may make the judgment creditor who receives payment responsible for filing a satisfaction. Or it may be up to you to obtain and record it.

If the former is the case, you needn't condition your payment on compliance with the law, but it would be smart to reference the statute in your correspondence.

If the latter is the case, you'll need to ask for a satisfaction in recordable form ... have 'em send you a couple of originals in case something happens to one on the way to the clerk recorders' office.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.