Mortgage reporting Charge off on a current loan?

ynkewmn

We are now considering refinancing our current home mortgage. DH and I had a BK7 discharged in 3/05. Back at that time we didn't reaffirm the mortgage and the BK lawyer never suggested doing so. Up until now, our lender has not reported the loan to any of the CRA's. A recent report had now listed our loan with balance,"0", and IIB.

I just pulled another report, and EXP is reporting our mortgage now.

We have a correct balance owed, but there are two lates from 2005, and a C/O in November, 2007! We had only been late on one payment because of an online payment error. They will not remove that. But I can verify all other on time payments. The problem is now, should this delay our getting a refinance very soon? Should we delay REFI until this is settled?

Odd thing. I had pulled a CR right before the mortgage loan crash and we were working with lenders on a REFI then. Timing was bad and some of the lender's, MLN one of them, went out of biz. So, we stopped shopping. Unfortunately we had inquiries left on our CR's from these lenders. A month or so later I noticed that our current lender did a hard pull of our CR. ??? We never inquired on a REFI with them, nor applied for a CC. Now, out of the blue,, we have this bad reporting from them on our CR. GRRR!

DH is going to contact the lender ASAP, to inquire on this. I now have lender's offers coming in. If we have all this mess fixed, will it raise our FICO considerably? Is it best to have our current mortgage to be reported on all three CRA's?

DH's FICO is now; 664/TU 651/EQ and 590/EXP. Experian's also reporting some accounts as C/O's that I previously disputed, that were IIB, and had deleted. Showed back up!

I would continue to challenge it with the original creditor and CB, but if you also have proof, then I would have that handy, mention it to your loan officer and see if you may be able to submit your proof to underwriting to back up your claim.