I want a 06 BMW, but my credit is jacked up BIG time!

Being the good environmentalist that I strive to be, I took Septa to work for a month last summer.

I wanted to hang myself.

SEPTA??? In the summer??? I'd have killed myself within 2 weeks.

You know, if I worked in Center City I'd take SEPTA. It would be 1000 times cheaper and less aggravating then trying to park there. But, SEPTA really sucks when it comes to getting between suburbs, unless they happen to be on the same line for CC. For example when I lived in KOP and worked in Conshohocken. About 15 minutes to drive. Two hours on the bus and train. It went bus, train, bus. I could have taken the bus to the regional rail, but that was so much more expensive I balked at it. If you're desperate SEPTA is the cheapest way to go, but boy, is it inconvenient.

I take SEPTA from Ardmore into the city if I'm going to be drinking. It is convenient, reliable, and on time. The train is packed too (surprisingly).

The only problem is the last train out of Philly is at midnight. It blows my mind. Half the time in ends up in a 2am $50 cab ride home. :( Still beats a $5000 DUI.

SEPTA??? In the summer??? I'd have killed myself within 2 weeks.

You know, if I worked in Center City I'd take SEPTA. It would be 1000 times cheaper and less aggravating then trying to park there. But, SEPTA really sucks when it comes to getting between suburbs, unless they happen to be on the same line for CC. For example when I lived in KOP and worked in Conshohocken. About 15 minutes to drive. Two hours on the bus and train. It went bus, train, bus. I could have taken the bus to the regional rail, but that was so much more expensive I balked at it. If you're desperate SEPTA is the cheapest way to go, but boy, is it inconvenient.

Oh yeah. I had to take the Sharon Hill trolley to 69th Street, and then take the Norristown train (I think they consider it "high speed", but it stops ever 2 minutes) into King of Prussia, and then walk a mile to the office.

On a daily basis it was awful, but I may do it on Friday's in the summer since it can take me two hours to drive home.

The worst part of taking Septa to work was that I didn't have my morning Starbucks, and there's absolutely nothing in walking distance of my office so once I was there, I was stuck there. I'd have to ask for a ride or borrow someone's car if I wanted to run out for a bit.

I rarely take the train into Center City anymore because it's normally a weekend when I go there, and the train runs hourly. 99% of the time I miss it coming back, and then I have to wait another hour or take the EL to 69th Street and then the trolley (which also has a horrible weekend schedule).

Septa. :evil:

I take SEPTA from Ardmore into the city if I'm going to be drinking. It is convenient, reliable, and on time. The train is packed too (surprisingly).

The only problem is the last train out of Philly is at midnight. It blows my mind. Half the time in ends up in a 2am $50 cab ride home. :( Still beats a $5000 DUI.

Also your life is worth more than $50. SEPTA seriously needs to improve after midnight service. Kind of stupid that someone can't go into the city partying and safely get back home using public. Unless you want to cut the party short.

Oh yeah. I had to take the Sharon Hill trolley to 69th Street, and then take the Norristown train (I think they consider it "high speed", but it stops ever 2 minutes) into King of Prussia, and then walk a mile to the office.

On a daily basis it was awful, but I may do it on Friday's in the summer since it can take me two hours to drive home.

The worst part of taking Septa to work was that I didn't have my morning Starbucks, and there's absolutely nothing in walking distance of my office so once I was there, I was stuck there. I'd have to ask for a ride or borrow someone's car if I wanted to run out for a bit.

I rarely take the train into Center City anymore because it's normally a weekend when I go there, and the train runs hourly. 99% of the time I miss it coming back, and then I have to wait another hour or take the EL to 69th Street and then the trolley (which also has a horrible weekend schedule).

Septa. :evil:

Yeah, the "hi-speed line" is a really deceptive name for it. My worst SEPTA story was the KOP to Conshy run.

I know the Sharon Hill trolley well, since I lived in Clifton Heights. Even during the week it ran sporadically enough that usually took the buses to 69th Street.

Okay Guys...I guess I will wait:cry:...Thanks again:)++

He has decided to wait. Good move OP. [chilton 1 steps on soap box] Maybe set a goal for example have 6 months salary in a bank account before you start making large purchases.

By the way, I was living like a miser saving every dime last year because I knew I had to start school this year. Well when I STARTED SCHOOL I knew that I would not have a problem getting private loans because my high FICO was 804 and the low was 793.

Fast forward the loan company screwed up went out of business while i waited for my loan. I have since applied elsewhere and is waiting for financial aid.

What is the point of all this? I am still living on the money i saved from last year when I was working. so there has been no money since I quit my job august last year.

You never know what is going to happen. Just try to plan ahead for some of the worst case possibilities.

When you are ready you can get a new BMW not a 2 year old one.

Why anyone like those cars is beyond my comprehension. I have yet to pass a broken down honda or toyota on the road. Have passed many BMWs and Mercedes. [off soap box]

have a great day. post a pic of the car when you eventually get one.

TeZ

Basically the OTHER posters are OD'ing on criticism....perhaps your situation hits where they've been! Your credit is better than alot of people.......And posters don't judge others because I'm sure each one of you...want something you CANT HAVE or shouldn't.

This being said their point is don't give yourself more financial woes.....

BMW's are GREAT CARS :-(

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

TeZ

Basically the OTHER posters are OD'ing on criticism....perhaps your situation hits where they've been! Your credit is better than alot of people.......And posters don't judge others because I'm sure each one of you...want something you CANT HAVE or shouldn't.

This being said their point is don't give yourself more financial woes.....

BMW's are GREAT CARS :-(

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

WOW! U're not criticizing me? OMG! - Thanks Sandy...

12k car loan--are u upside down? (neg equity) how much is it worth? what year/mileage?

what is your financial situation? Ok you will be paying 8k in debts--great!. have you read the stickies about PAID COLLECTIONS?

How much $$ do u make? any other financial obligations? rent/mortgate childcare--etc..how much can u afford to pay? (car note)

You can generally finance 50% of your income--if you make 60K, you can finance 30, 80k --u can finance 40..and so on...

What is your credit situation? scores-any other negs in your file? Are u buying a 3 series/ 5 series/6 series/7 series/? Certified, private seller or other dealer? have u been to www.edmunds.com or other sites?

I agree. What are your scores?

However, I have to add my opinion to the mix as well. I don't know your situation, aside form what has been posted in this thread here. I will say BMWs are pricey. IN AND Out of warranty. I believe the 06 bimmers didn't have the 7 yr warranty the new ones do...so you're looking at 3 yrs, MAX. If the original warranty is transferable...how likely is that? I dunno.

I drive a 97 Grand Am. 150K miles on it and she's running strong. My buddy (22YO, 700+ scores) bought a 3-series, 2007 year and is shelling out 450 a MONTH. He can afford it because it's his only debt (aside from CCs - he lives with family, no rent). I have no car payment. Haven't had a car payment going on a year now.

Being realistic, you probably COULD go out and get your bimmer tomorrow if you wanted to. You could! But the question you need to ask yourself is this: Even though you can, should you? I guarantee you that if you clean up your credit, get and STAY current on your mortgage, you can get a much better deal on that bimmer. And 6 months or a year form now, that car will not only cost less sticker price, but will cost less in interest and payments becuase your credit will be incredibly better.

I'm not advising you to not get the bimmer. I'm not advising you to get the thing. Just trying to spread some realism here.

And I'm the last perosn you'd expect to spread some realism. I'm a 24YO male. I want the bimmer (but in my case it's a 06 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL or SE-R)...but I'm driving my 10 YO pontiac. Ddo I want to be doing that? no. Is it possible for me to get my nissan tomorrow? Sure it is! But I've figured out on a standard 4 or 5 yr car loan, I'll pay about 5K more if I buy the thing now, than if I waited even 6 months. Once I get my down payment (5K), I'll get the car. That'll probably be later this year. I'm OK with waiting.

This thread went way off-topic, but oh well. Tez got his answer, and then some. :) If he pays off all his bills, he'll financing, but probably a crappy rate. Not advised.

Regarding BMWs, my best friend picked up his 2002 BMW from the shop on Friday after a $6800 repair. He had to borrow the money from his parents because he bought it used and is still upside down on the note already. Apparently BMWs have two thermometers, one malfunctioned, the sensors didn't pick it up, his coolant hoses melted and the engine was blown. For those in the Philly area last week, he was on the side of Route 422 twelve days ago for 3 hours waiting for the flatbed towtruck.

Another person I know traded his in for an Infiniti M after his rear axle needed replacement last year. That was a 2004. He too was upside down but rolled it into a new car payment.

Just thought we'd all share from experience. The cars are beautiful but folks I know who have them are 0 for 2.

TEZ

Was that sarcastic? You're credit's alot better than mine......I thought I was being nice.....I would want that car ALSO......Sorry if it came out wrong....nI've only posted few times and can't seem to get that right

Noooo! I really and truly do appreciate ur response Sandy...It's just that it seemed as if everyone else was ganging in on me and you was more understanding. Thanks alot;)

See.. now both of those cars would look pimp with the wheels i linked to earlier...

I can see since no one commented on them, they didn't look at them ;)

(honesly, any idiot that puts those wheels on ANYTHING should be banned from the site)

Those wheels should never be allowed within 5000 miles of a BWM. My Bimmer and others are classy and don't need that crap on them.