I want a 06 BMW, but my credit is jacked up BIG time!

Yeah they've been around for a little while now, original price was 20k a year ago.

A lot of money to spend to just get pulled over and ordered to keep them off for good.

For Chilton's comment, she only said she LOOKED at the link, not that she bought the rims... and being a girl the implication was that men are so stupid to her to begin with that she wouldn't have known what to begin to say about them that would make any sense to us.

Is that about right Chilton? :D

Yeah they've been around for a little while now, original price was 20k a year ago.

A lot of money to spend to just get pulled over and ordered to keep them off for good.

For Chilton's comment, she only said she LOOKED at the link, not that she bought the rims... and being a girl the implication was that men are so stupid to her to begin with that she wouldn't have known what to begin to say about them that would make any sense to us.

Is that about right Chilton? :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Almost right. I did look at the link , yes. I just meant that most people who buy expensive rims or any rims for that matter are males. Most women are too busy buying cute shoes than to waste money on rims. 8-)8-)

I am too cheap to even buy rims others than what came with my civic. Can you imagine buying rims that are half the price of my car.

wait.. you paid 20K for a civic???

http://automobiles.honda.com/tools/build-price/trims.asp?SERIESNAME=Civic+Sedan&MODEL=&ECOLOR=&ICOLOR=&YEAR=2008&SERIES=2&Trim=

.......Manual .............Auto

DX $15,010 ..............$15,810

LX $16,960................$17,760

EX $18,710................$19,510

I have the EX automatic Next time I will get the LX and learn to drive stick. I really dont need the moon roof.

By the time you add tax etc it is like 21.

Yep, you can pay 20K for a Civic. My last car was an '02 Civic Ex fully loaded...and it was a little over 20. I never had any major probs with it though and it was great on gas...so I'd say it was worth it.

When I think about what I pay in gas right now for that Mountaineer, I sure do miss it.

I drive a 1997 Honda Civic. It has 210k miles and runs like a champ. Costs $29-31 to fill and $650 to insure (I have $500,000 of liability insurance too). Compare this to my previous vehicle, a Ford Explorer: $75 to fill and $2200 to insure (with state minimum $50k in liability only).

My point is that these cars are worth every dime and then some. They run forever, are super reliable, and when you factor in the cost of ownership, they are a steal!!!

I drive a 1997 Honda Civic. It has 210k miles and runs like a champ. Costs $29-31 to fill and $650 to insure (I have $500,000 of liability insurance too). Compare this to my previous vehicle, a Ford Explorer: $75 to fill and $2200 to insure (with state minimum $50k in liability only).

My point is that these cars are worth every dime and then some. They run forever, are super reliable, and when you factor in the cost of ownership, they are a steal!!!

My crappy Chrysler costs $632 to insure and about $35-40 to fill up (I usually wait until it's almost empty and it has a 16 gallon tank). I have excellent insurance, something I was grateful for when those ^%&@# tried to sell it in December and settled for vandalizing it when they couldn't start it (they were incompetent thieves). I have the high physical damage and bodily injury and full tort. I don't want to cringe if I ever happened to hit a Jag or Mercedes. I have a $100 dedictible on my comprehensive, no collision (makes no sense on a car that's only worth $1500-1800). I was grateful for the deductible with the vandalism/attempted theft. The insurance company paid out about $700 for repairs and $300 for a rental car.

I'm sure you get much better mileage and your Honda will last longer than my hooptie.

I'm sure you get much better mileage and your Honda will last longer than my hooptie.
A hooptie is where its at!! I wouldn't give mine up for anything. I get 30mpg. It is a 4 door and surprisingly large inside. Can't say enough good things about it. And I hope it gives me 16 more months. I spend four nights per week in North Philly (school at night) and I don't know if I'd trust a new car down there. Don't graduate until May 2009.

Plus, I am just straight up cheap and want to delay a car payment. Although my accountant called me today with my tax return info. $8750 tax return this year!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock:. Last year it was only $3k. This $ is going into ING to await my first ever new car purchase (hopefully I'll have enough saved by September/October 2009)...

A hooptie is where its at!! I wouldn't give mine up for anything. I get 30mpg. It is a 4 door and surprisingly large inside. Can't say enough good things about it. And I hope it gives me 16 more months. I spend four nights per week in North Philly (school at night) and I don't know if I'd trust a new car down there. Don't graduate until May 2009.

Plus, I am just straight up cheap and want to delay a car payment. Although my accountant called me today with my tax return info. $8750 tax return this year!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock:. Last year it was only $3k. This $ is going into ING to await my first ever new car purchase (hopefully I'll have enough saved by September/October 2009)...

Yeah, I wouldn't be excited about taking a new car into North Philly at night. You're just taking your chances. Heck, the crackheads here in the 'burbs tried to steal my ride. Everyone asked me, "Do you have a great radio or cool stuff lying out in view." Nope, a 17 year old hooptie, the original radio and a ton of books. The crackheads didn't steal the books, as much as my DF wished they had.

This goes beyond threadjacking at this point...:dunno2:

I lived in Manayunk for three years before buying a home in Delco. A crackhead smashed the window in on my Explorer to steal $3.00 in change that was in my console. They even left the book of 200 CDs that was sitting in my front seat intact. They just wanted my change. Cost $780 to fix and clean. Had I known, I would have just left my doors open. They can have my change!

• 1 year later...
Hey tez, welcome to the board. You got some pretty realistic responses that probably sound harsh. The questions you are posing seem to indicate that you are going the wrong way financially and you are asking for MAJOR problems. You have defualted on debts, are behind on a mortgage and are frustrated that you can't get a BMW. I think maybe you need to reevaluate what is important to you.

1) clear up & pay off all of your credit cards.

2) get current on your mortgage.

3) pay your car off

4) repair your credit

5) then look for a car

Just to give you a bit of perpsective, my wife and I make roughly 150k together. She drives a 7 year old Honda, I drive an 11 year old Honda. No credit card debt, no car payments, and a $1300 mortgage, which is very reasonable.

I want a Lexus IS350. Until I save $25k for a down payment, it will remain on the "I want" list. Buying one prematurely would be irresponsible. I've been on that debt merry-go-round before and that is the definiton of insanity.

I wish I had your discipline. :wink:

I wish I had your discipline. :wink:

The younger you are when you can step back and see the futility in consumerism, the better. My meltdown came at 26. :D

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/s/stanley-millionaire.html

Short excerpt regarding some surprising stats. Notice a pattern????

PORTRAIT Of A MILLIONAIRE

Who is the prototypical American millionaire? What would he tell you about himself?

* Many of the types of businesses we are in could be classified as dullnormal. We are welding contractors, auctioneers, rice farmers, owners of mobile-home parks, pest controllers, coin and stamp dealers, and paving contractors.

* About half of our wives do not work outside the home. The number-one occupation for those wives who do work is teacher.

* Our household's total annual realized (taxable) income is $131,000.

* On average, our total annual realized income is less than 7 percent of our wealth. In other words, we live on less than 7 percent of our wealth.

* Most of us (97 percent) are homeowners. We live in homes currently valued at an average of $320,000. About half of us have occupied the same home for more than twenty years. Thus, we have enjoyed significant increases in the value of our homes.

* Most of us have never felt at a disadvantage because we did not receive any inheritance. About 80 percent of us are first-generation affluent.

* We live well below our means. We wear inexpensive suits and drive American-made cars. Only a minority of us drive the current-model-year automobile. Only a minority ever lease our motor vehicles.

* Most of our wives are planners and meticulous budgeters.

* We have more than six and one-half times the level of wealth of our nonmillionaire neighbors, but, in our neighborhood, these nonmillionaires outnumber us better than three to one. Could it be that they have chosen to trade wealth for acquiring high-status material possessions?

* We are fastidious investors. On average, we invest nearly 20 percent of our household realized income each year.

Follow the advice of the previous posters' responses.

Also, remember: you will always be able to get the car that you truly want. They will never stop making cars, and you will always be able to get the type of model you want.

I wanted an '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan, so I went out and test drove one whenever I knew I could not afford it and my credit was not the best. I took a picture of the car, put it on my mirror, and set a date for myself to purchase it.

2 years later...I have the car that I wanted (keyword: wanted), because I feel if I am going to pay for something, it will be a reward/goal I achieved for myself; I was not going to settle for a car I could afford but did not want. I got the car at the price I wanted at with no problem, and my interest rate is great!

If I did not take the time out to repair my credit, save money, and live within my means, I would not have the car I truly wanted.

So, be patient because your model and year of the car will be there whenever you are close or have finished your credit repair; do not put yourself into a situation with more debt; take care of the debt you have now by managing and repairing your CR's.p

Good luck!