Just got the email saying my statement from hooters was ready.

Log on and see a CLI of $300.

:woot:

I think I got the card at the end of July. So I guess they are true to their word, you can get a CLI after 6 months without a request.

• Like 1

Isn't that a great feeling? I have a regular Merrick card and they bump up the limit periodically, too. The rate is terrible, though, and my goal is to pay it and sock-drawer it (just gave them $800 and another $250 will make it ready for the drawer.) But it's nice that they keep increasing the limit, anyway!

The CLI's look aggravating.... some people get 6k approvals while others get $750... by the time your credit is as good as that 6k guy (which wasn't that much better), you're at 1200 in cli's and stuck forever.

Didn't see this before I posted a new thread. I got a $200 cli today also. Saw it on my ex report first. Other two are not reporting yet.

Yeah, so back to my point, I should get a $200 or so CLI next month as well, but I'm betting that if I didn't have it and applied next month I'd have gotten thousands in initial CL. This card I think it pays to wait rather than as soon as you think you have the minimum requirements.

Clever what did you get? I got 800...but my scores are down right now cause of my december app spree...I imagine I'd get 200.00 more

Yeah, so back to my point, I should get a $200 or so CLI next month as well, but I'm betting that if I didn't have it and applied next month I'd have gotten thousands in initial CL. This card I think it pays to wait rather than as soon as you think you have the minimum requirements.

Yeah but back to my point, I got a CLI on my hooters card 8-)

I couldn't find the thread jack smilie :lol:

Hello all, I applied for a Hooters card, a couple weeks ago, got a letter from them requesting verifications! Basically they were asking for a bill, and the copy of my SS Card. Couldn't find my social security card, since I haven't had a use for years. Sent them a bill and copy of my Social Security Statements. Got a phone call from them today, saying that it is not enough!?!? While talking on the phone, with them, checked my credit on line, realized that they are Merrick Bank! I reminded them that I already have a Merrick bank card, but she came up with a"cardholder agreement" mumbo jumbo! I don't know how they can claim it, if I am not a Hooters card holder!

Anyways, she also said that this is a requirement for Patriot Act!!

Does anybody know about this? Just because I was born in a different country, does that puts me in a different category? That would be interesting to find out!

Thanks.

Yeah but back to my point, I got a CLI on my hooters card 8-)

I couldn't find the thread jack smilie :lol:

::jacked::

There it is.... so what are you one of those flight 93 types? You can end the jacking with dignity, but it still won't end well!

So where was I?

Oh yeah I started at 1k WhoCares

::jacked::

There it is.... so what are you one of those flight 93 types? You can end the jacking with dignity, but it still won't end well!

So where was I?

Oh yeah I started at 1k WhoCares

If the jacking must go down, it will only go down my way!!!!!!! 8-)

Like I was saying, I started with 1,000 got the increase. Yeah, hooters CLI.

My scores were pretty low when I got the card (mid to high 500, don't remember exactly). I wonder if I had waited to apply with the scores I have now, if it would have made a difference, and if I did wait, would I have been able to increase my scores without the added TL.

Now, I've done my own jacking. Yiiiiiiiii

8-)8-)8-)

Anyways, she also said that this is a requirement for Patriot Act!! Does anybody know about this? Just because I was born in a different country, does that puts me in a different category? That would be interesting to find out!

Thanks.

Nope, not picking on you at all. Everyone is required to provide proper identification of being a US Citizen. If I remember correctly, I was told by my bank that they also needed to keep a copy of my signature on file. You should ask if you can send in your W2s or pay statement if they show your SS#, that may work.

Nope, not picking on you at all. Everyone is required to provide proper identification of being a US Citizen. If I remember correctly, I was told by my bank that they also needed to keep a copy of my signature on file. You should ask if you can send in your W2s or pay statement if they show your SS#, that may work.

I agree. I started a credit union account, an ING Direct account, a Sharebuilder account, a mutual fund account and an IRA in the last month. All of these places asked for ID from me. A couple of them, as you said, demanded original signatures, so although you could initiate the account on line you had to print out and mail in some documents.

For the automatic withdrawals there was also a wait while they verified my checking account as well.

So, for the original poster, it's nothing personal, everyone has to do it.

Congrats Moneedshelp!!! on your CLI!! I am waiting for mine but I got my card in Oct and first statement in Nov so I think I will have to wait till April or may. I hope they raise everyone at 6 months. I am still waiting on an upgrade on my target and that hasn't happened so guess I'll have to wait and see!

Congrats again Moneedshelp!!!

:BigDance:

Congrats Moneedshelp!!! on your CLI!! I am waiting for mine but I got my card in Oct and first statement in Nov so I think I will have to wait till April or may. I hope they raise everyone at 6 months. I am still waiting on an upgrade on my target and that hasn't happened so guess I'll have to wait and see!

Congrats again Moneedshelp!!!

:BigDance:

Teach, it will be coming. I spoke with a csr with hooters a few months back and was told that they review and increase at 6 months. Someone else got the same info.

Target will usually give the increase at about 3-5 months. YMMV.

Seems like I waited forever for my increase. Hang in there and keep making ontime payments.

CONGRATS MO!!!

I guess I'm looking at March/April for my CLI!

BTW, what was your opening CL?

Hey Point, I started with 1k. my scores were all below 600 when i got the card

Have you guys read the thread about merrick bank has been taken over by New millenium bank? This worries me because different banks have different policies on everything interest, cl, etc... I pulled my CR and it still says Merrick so I don't know if thats the case. I sure hope it dosen't affect the CLI that we all will be looking for in the near future.xdancex

Congrats you guys on the CLI. I'm hoping that mine is coming soon which will be next month.