I applied last week....called this morning and the CSR said that my application is still in process??? I asked if that meant a denial automatically and she said no....it just hasn't reached them in Customer Service yet...do you all think there may be hope for a yes? I applied last Thursday I believe and got the 7-10 days message.

I applied last week....called this morning and the CSR said that my application is still in process??? I asked if that meant a denial automatically and she said no....it just hasn't reached them in Customer Service yet...do you all think there may be hope for a yes? I applied last Thursday I believe and got the 7-10 days message.
They're probably sending you a letter requesting verification of your address and social security number.

I jus got a CLI within the last 2 weeks...probably on the 1st of the month.....didn't notice until my CIP pull today...right at the 6 month mark, too!

it was 1,000 CL, now it's 1,300.! :p

Not bad... and the kicker is I was a bad boy and had over 70% utilization on that card since Xmas.....yes, Bad Amerikaner!

But now it is not so bad! :p And yes...I'm gettting it down. Paying off small cards first - should be out of CC debt entirely by May!

I'll NEVER advocate carrying a balance higher than 30%, but that's just me. Squeaker freaks if she carries a balance on her cards, and her limits are upwards of 10K :p

I'd like to get to the point where if I do carry a balance, it won't be like before (over 50 - closer to maxing out/overlimit).

No CLI for me and I've had my card since last July. I actually called & requested one after 6 months and was denied. I got a letter saying that I had to call and ask for a letter (yes, I'm not kidding) that would give me the reason why I was denied. I called and requested it, but here I am 2 months later and still no letter.

I started at $5,000 limit and haven't carried a balance so maybe that's it. I consider it one of my crappiest cards though with an 18-something % APR, but it's my only MC and it's nice to have for Sam's Club.

Guess it pays to have a balance... I didn't get squat... didn't on Seamiles either. Not big fans of PIF I guess. Both at 6 month mark now.

When did you get your card? I got mine in Oct so my CLI for both those cards should be happening next month. Remember, the CLI comes on the 7th month hun.

Wanna trade cards? I"ll take your 5K, you can have my 1300.

That's exactly why I'm not too upset about it. I was shocked when I got that limit to be honest. Then I was totally blown away a few days later when WAMU gave me a $11k limit on a new card with them. Sometime I DON'T understand how the credit world works, no matter how long I've been in it. Up to that point, my best card was $3k and I had worked so hard to get that limit and got it over multiple CLIs. I've been busting my a$$ for 5 years since my BK and I'm just now getting big limits and a 700 FICO. I had a 760 and over $100k in cards just a year before my BK, so it's a long road back.

When did you get your card? I got mine in Oct so my CLI for both those cards should be happening next month. Remember, the CLI comes on the 7th month hun.

Ok, well there might still be chance... I'll wait it out... my statements close from 1st to the 3rd.

Hmm. I got my Hooters card in December, so I guess I wait until July to see a CLI. It was late December so I think I'm paying my third statement now. It's hard for me to remember because I make multiple payments/month to keep the balance down. The interest rate is just too darn high.

I requested a CLI and received the letter too...So I called the credit department and was told that they had to send me another letter for the reasoning...Which I haven't gotten yet. While I was on the phone with them I asked me what are some of their criteria for granting CLI's - and the woman on the phone told me that they prefer to see regular utilization on the card and have a history of granting CLI's to customers who come close to their limits.

*sigh*

I wonder if they check util during billing cycle. If they only use statements to figure out who's had high util, I'm screwed. But every month I put $855 on there and PIF out of my 1k limit, so every month at least once I'm at 85.5% util.

On a side note, I got my first $50 Hooters Gift Card in the mail today.. WHOOT! Wanted to go tonight but guess it's not gonna work out :?

My H card is too new for increases, but my regular Merrick card has gotten numerous increases. It's because I charge it up close to the limit and pay it completely off. They just love that and it almost always triggers a CLI of about $300 or so. It happens so often I hardly notice it. I'm checking the bill and think, "Hey, wasn't my limit $2500? It says $2800 now." I went from $1000 up to $2800 doing exactly that - using and paying. Funny thing is that I wasn't trying - I just wanted to pay the !@#$ card off because of the !@#$ interest rate.

I requested a CLI and received the letter too...So I called the credit department and was told that they had to send me another letter for the reasoning...Which I haven't gotten yet. While I was on the phone with them I asked me what are some of their criteria for granting CLI's - and the woman on the phone told me that they prefer to see regular utilization on the card and have a history of granting CLI's to customers who come close to their limits.

*sigh*

Thats because people who are close to their limits. Pay interest and most of the time carry a balance.

Hmm. I got my Hooters card in December, so I guess I wait until July to see a CLI. It was late December so I think I'm paying my third statement now. It's hard for me to remember because I make multiple payments/month to keep the balance down. The interest rate is just too darn high.

I got mine around then 2 and pay the same way you do.

I like to pay all my cards atleast twice a month

I got mine around then 2 and pay the same way you do.

I like to pay all my cards atleast twice a month

It's usually two per month and sometimes if I've been using it a lot, like my BP/Chase card, I'll pay even more often. The first three months of the card were double cash back rewards, 10% for BP gasoline or anything bought at a BP mini mart, 4% for dining and entertainment and 2% for everything else.

Thats because people who are close to their limits. Pay interest and most of the time carry a balance.

Precisely. Which screws me because I refuse to carry a balance on any card, which obviously means that I don't really care about APR's because I never pay interest. LOL. I've come to the logical conclusion that I'd better get used to my CL's as they are now because the chances of me getting automatic CLI's on some of these cards are pretty slim.

*sigh*

What do they mean by "regular utilization"? 30-50%?

Like a few other people here, I got my card in late December, so I figure I'm not due for a CLI yet. With a 23.2% APR (but no annual fee, thankfully), it was my intention to never carry a balance on the card. I'm at 93% utilization on a $1500 CL right now, because, well, Stuff Happens... but I PIFed after my first two statements with utilization no higher than 60%, and I will be throwing money at it for the next couple of months while it sits in a drawer for the time being. It's my only card that's had a balance.

What do they mean by "regular utilization"? 30-50%?

Like a few other people here, I got my card in late December, so I figure I'm not due for a CLI yet. With a 23.2% APR (but no annual fee, thankfully), it was my intention to never carry a balance on the card. I'm at 93% utilization on a $1500 CL right now, because, well, Stuff Happens... but I PIFed after my first two statements with utilization no higher than 60%, and I will be throwing money at it for the next couple of months while it sits in a drawer for the time being. It's my only card that's had a balance.

Basically I was told that they're looking for people who use their card every single month and come close to their limit...Which I'm guessing was their nice way of saying, "We're looking for people who have charged up their card to close to the limit and carry a balance every single month". They'll grant the CLI's on cards like that, giving people more room to spend and therefore more interest to pay out. ;)

Basically I was told that they're looking for people who use their card every single month and come close to their limit...Which I'm guessing was their nice way of saying, "We're looking for people who have charged up their card to close to the limit and carry a balance every single month". They'll grant the CLI's on cards like that, giving people more room to spend and therefore more interest to pay out. ;)

Forget that. I know we've all changed and improved in our financial habits somehow, but IMO that is just a recipe for disaster for anyone who has had credit problems for any reason in the past. Not worth it for a CLI at least for me. If after repair and rebuild I can get a card with a 10K limit, I'll take it - but I'm not going to play Merrick's risky game to get a higher limit with them!