Basically I was told that they're looking for people who use their card every single month and come close to their limit...Which I'm guessing was their nice way of saying, "We're looking for people who have charged up their card to close to the limit and carry a balance every single month". They'll grant the CLI's on cards like that, giving people more room to spend and therefore more interest to pay out. ;)

I received a CLI at 6 months, and didn't max the card. I think the most I did was 600 on a 1k, but I PIF'd it each month, so no interest. My rate is too high. I think I used it each month though

Yep. That's my mentality too, Leslie. If Merrick doesn't want to give me CLI's even though I'm using my credit responsibly, then so be it. I'd rather use my WaMu card anyways. LMAO!

Yeah, I'm with both of you - too much of a risk to use it irresponsibly on regular basis just to get a CLI.

Once my scores are all well into the 600s, I think I'm going to try for WaMu, since they seem to be granting high limits.

Yeah, I'm with both of you - too much of a risk to use it irresponsibly on regular basis just to get a CLI.

Once my scores are all well into the 600s, I think I'm going to try for WaMu, since they seem to be granting high limits.

I'm a WaMu advocate, if you can't tell from some of my other posts. They have been incredibly generous with me and I've already spoken with their supervisors about an upcoming CLI and my chances of actually getting it.

But back to Hooters - I think I mentioned that my 6 month CLI is supposed to come around the 12th of this month, so we shall see. The card is already sitting in my sock drawer and will continue to only have one monthly recurring charge on it unless they up my CLI or something along those lines...