Wasn't Expecting this, I had to post, HSBC read!

Well everyone, I applied for and got approved for a citi preferred diamond card at 7.99 apr varible, with 0 int on purchases and bt's for 1 year at a mesely 2800CL but anyway!

Well I called up orchard bank "hsbc" and told them i wanted to consolidate my two cards together, they put me on hold forever and said sorry sir i can't do that, i said OK CLOSE both of them... She said sir are you sure you want to close out both of your accounts? I said YA close em! So then another person came on the line and said is there anything we can do? I said well I am not going to be paying a AF anymore on either of these cards, I just paid the orchard 39.00 when i got the card! So I said in the next couple of months there will be a Af charged of 59.00 and I am not paying it! So close em, she said tell ya what, I will credit back the AF to you for a full year NO af, unless I buy something that will take from the 59 credit, which i won't. So anyway they waived the AF for the next year, hard to believe but they did, AND they put my apr from 18.99 to 14.0 I was sooo suprised, then she said ok we will look at the orchard bank card, NOW keep in mind I got this card in november and it had 300 on it when i applied for it!

I didn't even have the card in my hand when i called to cancel it, she gave me 200 CLI on that one and 100 on my best buy one, So this woman today says we can credit HALF the 39.00 back to you OR we can up the CL to 700, so I said UP the cl up to 700 LMAO! I can't believe they did that, 400 in just 2 months!!!!!!!!So i am going to be keeping them for atleast till novemeber when i call to cancel the orchard card due to AF LMAO!!!! I can't believe they actually did it! I have seen so many people on here not get anything from them, I was shocked myself, HINCE the post lol..... Has anyone else had any luck recently with them?

I Have an orchard account i closed because they wouldnt waive annual fee

i have an hsbc with 500cl for 3 years with no lates

i called last week to see if my account qualified for rate reduction, waiver of annual fee, or CLI..I Was told no to all three

so i said look...i have a perfect pay history..decent credit scores, and if your card cant grow with me you can go pound sand..CANCEL IT!!

I was then transferred to a supervisor who waived the annual fee and esculated my account for further review for CLI (not holding my breath)

i have 3 cap1 cards also perfect pay history...creditlines 500 each

called them and was told no on cli but yes on rate reductions and no annual fees

my oldest card is 6 years old i never got a cli on any of them

my credit scores average 660

I battled with Ochard Bank to wave my annual fee for my 12/07 statement. I called and sent letters before they even charged me the fee. They refused so I closed the account after one year. They ended up paying me $60 bucks (cash back rewards) and I got a good tradeline for 12 months.

Can I hire you to do the talking for me next time I try to negotiate with CC companies?

And who may you be talking to?lol...

Hey there fizz I replied to your PM.. I can't believe u got 0 int from HSBC, wow it all depends i guess, i won't be using the cards anymore! I just logged into my credit UNION account, and BAM there sit in the loan line a secured loan, and a VISA GOLD 5,000 CL 12.94 apr, not good apr but NOT too bad, they have a 9.99 plat, they may change it over for me! I will be using it more, plus to add to the approval I got 2800 citi diamond preffered at 10.99 apr! I wanted another card other than HSBC for a BT if i had to have it, maybe i can bt and go back to citi for another 0 int maybe

OP with those scores..you should not even bother with HSBC.

When I opened my act in 06, the gave me a 300 CL, I freaked and wanted to cancel--they immediately upped it to $750...a few mos later I called once again and I was given a 150 CLI with a fee...($25 I think)

When I got hit with the AF--$79, I called again and was creditted back 39.00..so far no CLI yet but I will wait after I PIF and call once again.

I now have a 900 CL with a 14.99 APR..it surely depends who you speak to, the guy I initially called gave me the impression that I could call and get CLI on the regular...this unfortunately has not happened. I need them now, but they will surely see the sockdrawer in a few mos

Well hopeless,

I applied for that best buy mc wayyy before i got any of these other cards, and had I known my score was 700 i would have gotten TWO big cards and not gotten all those other cards, but live and learn, believe me when i told them to cancel BOTH then they started choking, the orchard was just to see how much i would get with em, I didn't think i could score anything else, then i started getting more, so I will keep the HSBC for another year ON THEM, and the orchard I may close that at the year mark unless they will waive the AF if NOT they will be ditched!

Well hopeless,

I applied for that best buy mc wayyy before i got any of these other cards, and had I known my score was 700 i would have gotten TWO big cards and not gotten all those other cards, but live and learn, believe me when i told them to cancel BOTH then they started choking, the orchard was just to see how much i would get with em, I didn't think i could score anything else, then i started getting more, so I will keep the HSBC for another year ON THEM, and the orchard I may close that at the year mark unless they will waive the AF if NOT they will be ditched!

actually those sub 1K cards maybe hurting your scores a bit..I would wait 3 mos and demand another CLI --if they refuse close the card...

I do appreciate your input on this hopeless, but I can't apply for a prime card with hsbc because i have two already, they won't give me one, I did get preapproved for a hsbc card of some sort, but i couldn't get it because i have two already! The combining the 700 Orchard may come later if I decide to even keep hsbc, I can close the best buy one, but right now, I have enough plus I will be adding two more NEW accounts and my fico just went down 7 pts because the INq's but thank god it was just 7 pts, I disputed 1 inq and that put me 7 pts back up! I am going to stay where i am, thanks though. Wells fartgo hates me, likewise. lol!!! Chase hates me, AMEX hates me, i have a bk from 00. so I am happy to even have what i have.........

well, i can't speak for the NO AF yet, but i already got a 700 CL with orchard as promised! I have gotten 400 in CLI since i got the card in decemeber lol, i didn't even have the card when i called and was going to cancel it, and she said i will give ya 200 to stay and 100 on the best buy card, i said ok

I have the Orchard card.

Had it for 3 years and went over the limit because of the annual fees. Only had $250.00 limit.

2 years in a row I went over the limit due to the fee. (I know, I know, utilization, but it's getting better) So, 2 years in a row I call up and complain and last year they credited back OL fees, but not the AF.

This year same thing except then they raised me to the default APR. I emailed again and they refunded the fees but told me too bad the rate stays at default.

I emailed again, sorry same thing. Emailed last time and told them fine I will just pay this down and close. Didn't hear another word.

Check my next statement, increased up to $500 and back down to original APR, but they didn't email me back to tell me.

Working on my fico then going to try for some prime cards.