Received green cards CMRRR from AFNI

glamchick

Is this a good sign? They signed them on Feb 5th. I sent them a DV for orginal account and for a new duplicate account they just put on my credit report.

The first account listed as charge off - $97 - DOFD 5/2003

The duplicate account is listed as collection account - $97 - DOFD 5/2003 Same account number as first one just put Verizon in front of the account number

As soon as i disputed the first account through the CB's they add this duplicate account. My score dropped about 30 points. Mad me so mad!!!!

I read on here they have 35 days to respond is that from the day they signed the green card?

Thanks!

If you get a dunning letter for collection it should have language in it saying that you have 30 days to dispute the account with them. Otherwise they will consider it yours and continue collection efforts.

If you send debt validation within that 30 days then they should get back ahold of you 30 days following that.

AFNI showed up out of the blue on my DHs credit reports last August. No dunning letter, nothing. This is what I sent to them:

To Whom It May Concern,

I was checking my credit reports today and was surprised to see that your company had placed a collection account on my files this past week. This is the first I have ever heard from your company regarding this $77 debt and am taking this report as first contact between your company and myself.

As per my rights under the FDCPA, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (B) I dispute your claim and request that you validate this account.

They sent back the "we need more info from you, blah, blah, blah" right at the end of the 30 days (after validating with the CRAs within days of us disputing). I sent the 15 days letter and they disappeared.

Good Luck!