M3ss3dUpCr3dit

AFNI: Date opened 8/2001: Date of last payment 12/07

Should i leave this account alone and wait for it to fall off? Or will it not fall off due to my settlement payment in December? (if i have to wait 7 more years for this to fall off i'm going to shoot myself in the face with a harpoon!!!)

i want to DV them and see if it falls off quicker because it's already paid for.

Any advice?

here is a snippet from my EQ report..

Closed Accounts

AFNI, INC.

ANDERSON FIN NETWORK/BLOOM

Current Status: COLLECTION ACCOUNT

Account Owner: Individual Account.

High Credit: $420

Type of Account :

Open Credit Limit: $0

Date Opened: 2001/08

Balance: $0

Date Reported: 01/2008

Amount Past Due: $0

Date of Last Payment: 12/2007

Actual Payment Amount: $0

Scheduled Payment Amount: $0

Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date of First Delinquency: 08/2001

Comments: Collection account,

Settlement accepted on this account

Dispute them first see if it comes off of the credit report. If that does not work you might try to DV them.

It is so old that it is not likely affecting the credit score this late date in time.

You can wait 30 days and re-dispute with the credit reporting agency. Look for another reason to dispute.

I suggest to try and dispute credit bureaus, I had an afni on my credit, not schedule to come off until 6/08.. I disputed with trans union on past saturday 2/9/08, and sunday 2/10 i recd email "DELETED" along with another item.

Did you say EX? Call EX and ask to talk to a supervisor give a reason other than the report itself. Now explain the supervisor the situation and she will most likely delete. Try it. I did it.

"It is so old that it is not likely affecting the credit score..."

And yet...

"...updated on Jan 2008."

The 'date last reported' is what FICO-based programs use to determine "Age" as in what deductions to make in the History category. For the purposes of credit scores, it doesn't matter when the DOFD was, the DOLA or any other date. FICO sees this as a brand, spanking, new derogatory account. It's causing significant deductions to the OP's score.

Hasas... what do you mean... give supervisor another reason besides the report. How did you do it?

Ahntara...does this mean i have to wait another 7 friggen years for it to fall off ?!?

I tried to make it clear that I was speaking about Scores.

For the answer to your question, look to the FCRA. Then you won't be unsure or have to take anyone's word for it. There is a sticky at the top of the page. Look for 1681c, Subsection 605. That section lays out all the details about Reporting Period, when it begins and when it ends.