Paid off 5 credit cards today....

This feels so good I had to share. I paid off 5 credit cards today. I paid off Hooters, First Premier, HSBC, Target, and JC Penny's. Granted all of them, except Hooters, had under a $200 balance. Hooters had a $450 balance. But I got them paid off. Now to decide which ones to cancel.

I have several credit cards now, including two with my credit union. Each of those has a $7500 limit. So I don't need these little $300 credit cards anymore.

I'm definatly getting rid of HSBC and First Premier. I've kept them more for age then anything. But I definatly don't need them anymore.

I'll sockdrawer Hooters and give them a few more months to see if they lower their apr any. I have a $1500 limit with them which is nice, but the 29% apr sucks. If they don't do something about the apr, then they are next on the chopping block.

Congrats!! and great job. With that said...;)

I'll sockdrawer Hooters and give them a few more months to see if they lower their apr any. I have a $1500 limit with them which is nice, but the 29% apr sucks. If they don't do something about the apr, then they are next on the chopping block.

As long as your not carrying a balance, and there is not an annual fee or anything it shouldn't matter.

My two cents ... don't close any accounts that don't have annual fees. Just leave them open and put them away. If you already paid the annual fee for this year...wait until the annual fee renews and then call them to request a credit for the annual fee, if they refuse speak with the senior most supervisor on duty. Make your request again...if they still refuse, request they close the account.

Ok I finally called to cancel my First Premier card and my HSBC card. Talk about a Pain in the a$$ to cancel. They send you through hoops. I had to go through two different people with both cards, just to cancel. They told me how their card could help me and all that good BS. I said the only way they could help me is to give me a $1000 credit limit with an apr less then 9%. Otherwise spare me the song and dance. Both cards have been cut into pieces and canceled now :D

I just paid down my Merrick Card to within $250 (not including the $45 worth of pizza I charged today) and will pay it off in a week (that would be $295 now - burp - dang, that was good pizza.)

I will then put that card at the bottom of the toilet tank or something.

$45 pizza??? Dayumm... either it was VERY good or you sat down and had a salad bar and tip as well~8-)

Well I Used to (well still do kinda) Install security systems and have had many conversations about this.

Answer: yes they do along with just about every other secret hiding place you think you have like Taped under drawers, under insulation by the attic door ,under furniture, above cupboards, Buried in dog food, in the freezer, ECT you get the Idea

$45 pizza??? Dayumm... either it was VERY good or you sat down and had a salad bar and tip as well~

Well, we have a family of six, and bought enough to keep eating for a few days. Er... maybe till tomorrow morning. I was smart enough to buy one with barbecue sauce, chicken, bacon and onions so the kids would leave that one alone and leave it for me.