whocares

OMG New Millenium bank took over Merrick bank

OH geeze that is one of the worst banks in the world...

I saw it change from merrickbank/geico to new mill bank/geico on my CR...well I did not understand...then I went to the geico site and found this

13. The only rights granted to Cardholders by these Program Terms and Conditions are those expressly specified in this document. New Millennium Bank will not recognize claims for Gecko Dollars by Cardholders other than the primary Cardholder.

14. Important Notice: New Millennium Bank reserves the right to amend, modify or change, including adding or deleting terms, these terms and conditions at any time, without notice. For example, New Millennium Bank, without limitation, can change the percentage earned on purchases with the Card, change the method(s) by which Gecko Dollars are redeemed, or increase any fee that may be associated with the Program.

New Millennium Bank reserves the right to terminate the Gecko Dollars Program at any time without prior notice.

New Millennium Bank reserves the right to assign its rights and obligations under these Gecko Dollars Program Terms and Conditions to any affiliated or unaffiliated third party.

OH geeze, I have hooters, and geico I guess I will be dumping both

Holy crapola Batman! New Millenium cannot legally service customers who reside in Wisconsin. I wonder if my Hooters card is going to be cancelled on me. I think I'll continue paying down my balance by a little more than the minimum till I find out. :(

Nothing on the hooters site yet....and funny norhing on the merrick bank site either, but it's on the geico card site...and when you check using the geico link and put in your hooters ID, it brings up your hooters account, thru the geico card link...so somethings going on.

Ok I UPDATE; I just logged into NM to look around and my Merrick accounts could be accessed, both of them...

https://www.newmillcc.com/pages/AccountSummary.aspx this is hooters after entering my username and password

https://www.newmillcc.com/pages/AccountSummary.aspx This is geico, after entering my user name and password

https://www.newmillcc.com/ check it here for yourself...

Well, either way, I know my account will close because NM can't run any of their products here in Wisconsin because of how predatory they are. Wisconsin is a consumer friendly state so there are lots of sub-prime cards we can't get access to. In the long run it's good for the consumer, without having to pay all those killer fees just to get credit but sometimes if you're starting out you need them. It's a catch-22 and I for one will not keep the card if it gets to that point.

I'm going to see about the CLI from Hooters, if I don't get one I will close the card before another annual fee is due...I have better cards now and don't really need it...I may take a small ding on my report, but thats better than what they could put me thru...

As far as Geico card...I will probally close that too at the end of it's 1 year...I have 21 open accounts right now...that should be good enough for anything I want in the future...

I pulled my report and hooters is still showing merrick bank so I don't know what is going on maybe they sold off some accounts and kept others?

Yeah, mine is still showing as Merrick Bank/Hooters. Based on what I've seen and heard of New Millenium, yikes!!!

My bill came and it says I have a new card issuer for my Geico card, new millenium...and new rates too...geeze what a suprise.

And my Hooters card came too, same payment mailing address as the Geico card.

I think I'll dump them both.

My hooters card still shows Merrick bank and if you go to the Hooters webpage and click on the link to apply for a card it takes you to Merrick bank. It might just be as someone said, they sold off some accounts.

My INQ from this mornign showed Merrick. WTF??

Well I pulled a full TU report today and it says New Millenium for Geico, but with the same adress as NMB

same report says merrick/hooters with NMB's adress...

GEICO CARD/MERRICK BANK

Address:

10705 JORDAN GTW STE 200

SOUTH JORDAN, UT 84095

No phone number available

MERRICK BANK/HOOTERS CAR

Address:

10705 JORDAN GTW STE 200

SOUTH JORDAN, UT 84095

No phone number available

These were on X 2/17

TU said