AFNI finally is throwing in the towel!

myscoresawful

Ok, recap:

AFNI had a collection on ALL THREE CRAs for a debt I did not owe. I actually couldn't figure out how to prove I didn't owe it, but they couldn't prove I did. I mean, show me and I will pay, but I KNEW in my heart that I didn't owe it.

Anyway, after a couple of months of volleying insults back and forth through the IL BBB, I received a notification yesterday from the BBB that AFNI informed the BBB that they are going to cease collection efforts and close the account...it remains to be seen how soon it comes off my credit reports, but since that was the ONE MOST IMPORTANT dissolution that I was asking the BBB to accomplish for me, I believe it will. I will let you know if when it happens, but HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky... I could never get them to budge... multiple disputes and an ITS. They don't even try to collect or answer mail or anything but sit there on my CR's. They will be the last to drop off at the end of the year.

My wife got a dunning from them over 4 months ago, it was a small amount and I called and paid it. Still hasn't even come out of my account.

AFNI sent me a letter stating that they have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account!!! It is gone from TU and EX, but I haven't had a chance to check with EQ yet which I will do when I get home from work!

Wow, this one has been my most difficult yet to get removed, it gives me hope for a few of the other stubborn ones on my my report still!!!

April