Alexander

Chase Freedom card, What a great, great FICO score can do!

Chase Freedom card

What a great, great FICO score can do!

I am putting this in the credit repair forum to give people hope and to gloat a bit.

I applied for a Chase Freedom card online last week. I was immediately approved. This is a cash rebate card. It pays 1.25% on all purchase and 3.75% on the 3 most used of 15 bonus categories.

I got a CL of $9,500 and an interest rate of 15.99% variable. Never mind that the Schumer box on the on-line site lists the interest rate at 17.24% variable. Oh and I get a one time $50 back bonus in about 8 weeks.

I called the regular 24 hour customer service number on the back of the card and an automatic system activated the card. I pressed option zero to go to a service rep. I asked for a CL increase. She asked me what I would like. I said $25,000. She asked me my income, what I do and why I wanted the increase. I told her the answer to the first two questions and said that I wanted to keep my credit utilization low on the card. She said they would have to do a hard pull. I said fine. I got the $25,000. Then I asked if I could get a lower interest rate. She transferred me to a supervisor.

The supervisor said I could have either 9.99% fixed predominately or Prime + 1.99 variable = 7.99%. I took the Prime + 1.99%.

Last known FICO score = 788 from my Equifax file via MyFICO.com about 10 months ago.

Te He!

http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/home

Lucky bast_rd 8-)

Yup. But I worked long and hard to build up my credit profile.

I started with a CH 7 BK and 32 negative accounts and public records across 3 credit files in 2001. Now I have over 100K in CL and 13 credit cards 5 of which are cash rebate cards of one type or another.

happy.gif

I started with a CH 7 BK and 32 negative accounts and public records across 3 credit files in 2001. Now I have over 100K in CL and 13 credit cards 5 of which are cash rebate cards of one type or another.

happy.gif

LOL..I was going to write a real long, angry, jealous rant... :mrgreen:

Then I read this. My friend, you have full license to gloat, brag and yell from the mountain tops your success story. If imitation is flattery, then I definitely wish to flatter you. :)

Congrats man, and you seem to be at a place where BKs will never be a part of your life ever again. You definitely give me hope.

happy.gif

That's wonderful!

You certainly do have standing to brag a little bit

Congrats again!

Chase Freedom card

What a great, great FICO score can do!

I am putting this in the credit repair forum to give people hope and to gloat a bit.

I applied for a Chase Freedom card online last week. I was immediately approved. This is a cash rebate card. It pays 1.25% on all purchase and 3.75% on the 3 most used of 15 bonus categories.

I got a CL of $9,500 and an interest rate of 15.99% variable. Never mind that the Schumer box on the on-line site lists the interest rate at 17.24% variable. Oh and I get a one time $50 back bonus in about 8 weeks.

I called the regular 24 hour customer service number on the back of the card and an automatic system activated the card. I pressed option zero to go to a service rep. I asked for a CL increase. She asked me what I would like. I said $25,000. She asked me my income, what I do and why I wanted the increase. I told her the answer to the first two questions and said that I wanted to keep my credit utilization low on the card. She said they would have to do a hard pull. I said fine. I got the $25,000. Then I asked if I could get a lower interest rate. She transferred me to a supervisor.

The supervisor said I could have either 9.99% fixed predominately or Prime + 1.99 variable = 7.99%. I took the Prime + 1.99%.

Last known FICO score = 788 from my Equifax file via MyFICO.com about 10 months ago.

Te He!

http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/home

I remember reading your thread and being envious. About a week later I decided, "what the heck" and applied. I didn't get your great CL or interest rate, but $7,000 at 15.24% and 0% on all balance transfers is pretty darn good for me. My TU was only about 680 when they pulled it, so I'm amazed I even got the card.