OMG I'm a ID theft victim

mzsyd

This is scary, someone had opened a military bank account with my info then took money out of my wamu account! I discovered this checking my blance online. A pinless debit cash advance from USAA for 100.00 and 100.00 pending. I called USAA, and apparenlty whoever it knows all my info from email addy, to personal addy, ssn, dob, etc! They opened a etrade account under my name as well. I have enough to stress about without this! Be careful and check your accounts!

• 4 months later...

Update: Finally found how my id was stolen.

After many months I received a letter from a company for Disney shares, while transporting boxes of tapes in regards to shares they lost a box in which obtains all my personal information in Feb 2008! They are offering credit monitoring for 24 months, and 25,000 in insurance if needed. As far as they can tell there have not been any misuse of my info...

My problem is that my info was misused, money was taken from my acct, accts have been opened in my name, and I'm now receiving invation letters for medicare since my 65th bday is coming up! I still have more then half of 65 before I can even retire!

At least the mystery is solved, but I'm really upset!