Well since *b* seems to be working finally, I went on a little app spree. So far I have been approved for everything I applied for: The Sterling Trifecta, Hooters and Circuit City. Add that to CJ and roughly around $12000 new credit on paper. WOW! Whoda thunk it! I've got 3 baddies left, 2 LVNV and a medical collection to take care of now. I know I need a mix of credit but not sure what I should go for next. Any thoughts or suggestions? Personal loan? I would like at least 1 more bank card but want one with no annual fee.

Edit: Applied for the I-Tunes Visa: Approved for an Authorized Initial Purchase Amount $740

Well since *b* seems to be working finally, I went on a little app spree. So far I have been approved for everything I applied for: The Sterling Trifecta, Hooters and Circuit City. Add that to CJ and roughly around $12000 new credit on paper. WOW! Whoda thunk it! I've got 3 baddies left, 2 LVNV and a medical collection to take care of now. I know I need a mix of credit but not sure what I should go for next. Any thoughts or suggestions? Personal loan? I would like at least 1 more bank card but want one with no annual fee.

Edit: Applied for the I-Tunes Visa: Approved for an Authorized Initial Purchase Amount $740

GREAT JOB!!

To get a pretty good mix, I got a gas card thrown in there... Chevron is pretty good and easy to get..

Chevron used to be easy to get. They had a credit-builder card but stopped offering it at the end of 2006. I applied last year and was declined due to a collection showing, so that implies credit should be perfect.

I don't know who is easy, but I have ExxonMobil and did before trying for a Chev card. But that was pre-approved.

Chevron used to be easy to get. They had a credit-builder card but stopped offering it at the end of 2006. I applied last year and was declined due to a collection showing, so that implies credit should be perfect.

I don't know who is easy, but I have ExxonMobil and did before trying for a Chev card. But that was pre-approved.

I had an Exxon/Mobil chargeoff so I think that's out. Guess I could try for Shell.

Try for Target, they change from red to mastercard with 5000.00 credit in just a few months, that would give you the best of both worlds....

Do a check for target card, I think you'll agree

BTW good thing with the sterling trifecta...I love having on paper 15,000.00 available credit

I know this isn't a popular stance, but truthfully I think you need to stop applying for new credit. You've done well so far. Let these accounts age and keep working on the negatives still on your CR.

All these new accounts are bringing down the average age which in turn effects your FICO.

Agreed, my plan is to let my CLI's grow over the next year, get my Target Conversion, let my BofA graduate into a nice balance. And THEN I'm going for either Chase Freedom or Disney rewards and that's IT, my last true application... but that won't happen until november when I'm clean as a whistle.

I figure I'll have about 20 to 25k available to me when the dust settles. Fine for anyone who isn't rich as far as I'm concerned. Plust I could probably live off that for a year if I had to.

I'm waiting for the dust to settle now that I've just about paid off all my cards from my mom's funeral. Once I do that, I'm probably going to apply for the Tri Cards with NFCU and stop there for a while since I want to get my mortgage in the next couple of months.

I know this isn't a popular stance, but truthfully I think you need to stop applying for new credit. You've done well so far. Let these accounts age and keep working on the negatives still on your CR.

All these new accounts are bringing down the average age which in turn effects your FICO.

I agree. I'll be paying down my existing cards to below 30% next month and allow these new accounts to age before I go for any more. My goal is to buy a house w/in the next 12-18 months which should allow these accounts to get some good history behind them.

Barclays approved me Thursday and are reporting to EX today.

Barnes & Noble?? They did the same to me, approved me and starting reporting like 4 days later. I didn't get the card for another week or so after that.

Barnes & Noble?? They did the same to me, approved me and starting reporting like 4 days later. I didn't get the card for another week or so after that.

I-Tunes

Get those negs removed, then go for Patelco and/or Penfed. Patelco pulls EX, Penfed pulls EQ. Both give pretty good limits to start with if credit is decent and max limit (very important... to me at least) can be increased to 50-70k, no annual fees, and low apr's.

Congrats on the new cards! I am jealous. I am trying hard not to apply for more cards until after I get a house... getting so many offers now though!

Get those negs removed, then go for Patelco and/or Penfed. Patelco pulls EX, Penfed pulls EQ. Both give pretty good limits to start with if credit is decent and max limit (very important... to me at least) can be increased to 50-70k, no annual fees, and low apr's.

Congrats on the new cards! I am jealous. I am trying hard not to apply for more cards until after I get a house... getting so many offers now though!

Penfed pulls EQ. Hmm, I need to look into that. I need to join that Military Families' Assistance thingie. No hardship in that, I approve of anything that helps out the troops and their families, and then I can join Penfed. So far I've joined three other CUs. Two of them pulled Satan and I tried to get a Visa with one, but due to Satan's scores, no dice. The third, well, because the other two pulled EX, I'm wondering if it's a PA credit union tradition.

Ok, well I just broke my own rule that I just set yesterday. The flesh is weak.

My EQ jumped to 725 and I feel I deserve a prime card damnit!

I just applied for Chase Disney, Chase rewards, Citi Preferred, Citi Driver's Edge, and Best Buy Rewards MC.

All of them should pull EQ. Let's see how bad that ONE cingular collection from 2001 really holds me back.

All of them said 30 days under review (what's this sh!t?), and Best Buy said check back later.

Anyone gotten instant denial from any of these before? Or instant approval?

If I had just gone to sleep at midnight like I planned, none of this would have happened!!!!

Ok, I feel sick... Best buy AND citi both pulled EX this time, my worst report.

I can't stress how much I hate this game. All the resources AND my personal experience is that they pull EQ. I know because I've had them all removed from there last year. Now they're here to stay for better or worse. I am LOCKING EX tomorrow, period.

They managed to screw me with a changeup. Nice.

Ok, I feel sick... Best buy AND citi both pulled EX this time, my worst report.

I can't stress how much I hate this game. All the resources AND my personal experience is that they pull EQ. I know because I've had them all removed from there last year. Now they're here to stay for better or worse. I am LOCKING EX tomorrow, period.

They managed to screw me with a changeup. Nice.

You tried Penfed yet? I believe they only pull EQ, but with your luck, they may go with EX just this once. I couldn't honestly tell you I would be able to hold back a small giggle if that happened... Just a small one though :lol:

Clever, Do this, freeze TU and Ex and retry later, 30 days i think, maybe even before, I got 1 instant with citi well 2, one sears, and one citi shell 6000 Cl on the shell, and 1150 on sears, SO then I apply for the citi plat, 3200 After I called them, and then the citi diamond for 2800, Not bad I love citi!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if this is accurate. I received a pre-approval for the $300 credit builder in summer 2007. I had far from perfect credit. It's been a great card. But it could be something you have to wait for them to come to you (not a card that they advertise on their site).

Best Buy approved me for $300 after FA verification.

I don't want it. I have NO cards with a limit that low. :evil:

Guys, what's the 411 on CLI's with them? Would this ever become a respectable card?

I had an Exxon/Mobil chargeoff so I think that's out. Guess I could try for Shell.

I dunno if it's relevant, but Shell and Exxon credit are operated by Citi. So in theory, if you did get approved for Shell, you MIGHT get approved for Exxon.

Best Buy approved me for $300 after FA verification.

I don't want it. I have NO cards with a limit that low. :evil:

Guys, what's the 411 on CLI's with them? Would this ever become a respectable card?

Its like this, i started with 510 last year, in 2 more months it will be 1 year, I went from 510 to 850, i would only be at 750 if i wouldn't have called and told them to turn off my orchard card, what is funny is that my orchard card started with a 39 af, 14.99 apr and a 300 limit, i have only had it since december and I have 700 on it now lol, very odd! Just seems they want all the APR and NO limit, some people have luck with them, I figured as much as I have PIF and NEVER been late or ever been charged a Finance charge for paying in full that I would be up to atleast 1500...... considering I am up on 12gs of credit at citi and 5 at my credit union

well clever, they gave me CLI's more than most people got lol, but it was a starter card, that is all, I haven't charged anything on it since, BOTH acct's are PIF...... So I am just keeping it open for a history lol, because they don't update worth a crap, the last time they updated was in december, this is almost MARCH , it says i owe small amounts like 44 and 54 i haven't owed that in i don't know how long, I did owe a couple hundred bucks but they never updated! And to answer your question, don't expect nothing from them, also I would never recommend HSBC! I have 9200 on ONE card, 2800 on the other, 7.99 int v on the 9200, and 10.99v on the 2800, 1 year 0 int on bt's and purchases on both cards, NO AF, and I have a 5,000 credit union visa, the max they offer for the gold, they said I don't make enough money for the Plat the gold is 12.84 fixed