ok Target.. Show me some love!!!

Way to go, Merk! I wasn't buying that soft pull theory personally, except for the conversion.

We were feeding him that to be smart xshakeitxs. There has been no proof that your CLI is due to EX soft pulls. Only coincidence that some people get it when they do. Although my increase happened 2 months after I had the card, a month early. There was a soft pull when that happened.

Here's something interesting... if you call Target from your cell or I suppose any other line, you enter your whole card number and then have the option to speak to a rep without the automated CLI request, but if you call from home, it only asks for the last 4 of the card and last 4 of social, then it routes you to the "no longer over the phone" message.

Unfortunately I was disconnected when I tried from my cell, so I never spoke to the rep... but it's something you can try. The website still invites you to call for CLI's whenever. Since the auto-system already said no, I'm not going to try it the other way again.

Maybe someone brave can try it out... :lol:

I've had my Target card for 4 years and no budge on the CL from $500...I'd love to get that Visa, but I'm scared to even ask them to consider it..not to mention most folks here seem to just get it automatically.

I gotta make getting my utilization down a TOP priority this year!

Given my current util right now on things other than jewlery cards.. util did NOT affect their choice to give me a bump.

I expected my tax refund on the 15th. it got held up because H&R screwed up 3 years ago. So I had to mail in my 04 taxes.

We planed a lot of things around that large 4000 dollar payment. So Visa/Discover/Mastercard all got nailed hard in Jan... My util is really really high right now.

No soft on EX from target.. at all. But..

Total Credit Limit: $500.00

THEY LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!

We must be on the same rotation. :)

I received the bump to $500 too, no soft pull, and am now wishfully thinking to be bumped to the Visa!

Congrats, Merk!

Is is after one year that they will offer the conversion?

I've been with them for about 8 months. I still have the same stupid $200 limit. I've always paid on time and never had a balance more then $100. I'll give them another few months. If by the 15 month period I haven't gotten an increase, they are gone.

I've been with them for about 8 months. I still have the same stupid $200 limit. I've always paid on time and never had a balance more then $100. I'll give them another few months. If by the 15 month period I haven't gotten an increase, they are gone.

wow, that is unusual. I too like most got my increase to 500 at 4 months, I think.

wonder what is going on with you. I would charge mine up then PIF, but i don't think that makes a difference.

Maybe they gave me mine because I would check the site every day. anytime someone mentioned target, i checked the site. I know that might be OCD :shock:

good luck. I would give them a call to see what they say tell them you are interested in purchasing some furniture, but need a larger limit. Are your scores still the same or better than when you got the card?

Well I have no idea WHAT the deal is in my situation..I've had my card for 4 years at this point....got the CLI to $500 after 3-4 months...but NOTHING beyond that. I think I've tried for phone CLI a couple of years ago and got nothing....I've always paid my Target bill on time. As I've started to become more aware of (thanks to frequenting the board more often), my utilization has been high.

I've now got it in "sock drawer mode" and have started paying 5 bucks more a month so I can try to get the utilization down. Hopefully, I'll get the VISA conversion after a few months of that.