Please place all your suggestions in this jar regarding Portfolio

myscoresawful

OK, I have read and read and read the threads here regarding this and can't come to any sort of logical attempt to get this out of my hair once and for all.

HSBC wrote off a cc debt and Portfolio purchased it.

I disputed, Port verified. I have sent Port 2 CMRRR disputes (not within the first 30 days, and yes, I know, but hindsight is only going to do me good moving forward).

First response from Port was on their letter head stating "you owe X amount of dollars and interest keeps adding it up pay now" kinda BS.

At this time, I disputed with the three majors the HSBC written off account which came back verified (it does have a zero balance). HSBC wrote me a letter stating that after invesitgation my dispute with the CRAs, they found that I had a cc with them a couple of years ago (the gave dates) and that it had now been charged off and sold to Portfolio. THat was it, just their letter head and no copies of anything. ok.

So I write back to Portfolio and explain that their "letter" was not proof and that I still dispute the debt and that I want to see INVOICES in the very least. In the mean time I send HSBC another letter explaining , yes, I knew I had once had a card with them, and that it was late at one point when I miscarried and was off work, but that I had sent in the balance after they cancelled the card, MONTHS BEFORE portfolio supposedly purchased it and that I had always enjoyed being their customer and had hoped to one day be able to have another one of their cards again. I asked them to please INVESTIGATE what they claim was the balance and to send me copies of in the very least the last two or so statements showing their was a balance after my pay off payment. All of this was sent CMRRR.

I have never heard back from HSBC though it still shows in dispute on my report, and Portfolio sent the same form letter as before, only attached to it was some sort of form signed by one of their employees that they swear that the figures and my name and all that information was on some sort of list they purchased from HSBC. Ok, those weren't the exact words, but it is what it is.

NO one, not even HSBC has been able to or willing to send me ANYTHING to show how this $900.00+ is coming from.

I am 99% positive they have NOTHING because I have written and said, "Show me the statements and I will pay this"....

what do I do from here to get this off my report?

I had Excellent success with AFNI under the BBB, but not sure Portfolio and HSBC are members....

anyone? PLEASE????? This is one of the issues my home loan is riding on.

THanks,

April

If its to clear your CRA's....

Write CRA'a back, "your verification was insufficient to prove it was my debt." "Please provide a legally sufficient verification, such as an affidavit of the officer of the company, or remove."

"You have 15 days, otherwise you leave me no choice but to file legal action to remove."

Thank you.

Mr. and Mrs. Goodguy

I think you are wasting your time with the CA and OC if your goal here is CRA removal.

If its to clear your CRA's....

Yes, it is.

Write CRA'a back, "your verification was insufficient to prove it was my debt." "Please provide a legally sufficient verification,

This has been tried over and over not just by me, but by others as well, the CRAs just give you contact info from the data furnisher and tell you to contact them. I wish it were that simple.

such as an affidavit of the officer of the company,

I have an affaidavit from some yahoo at Portfolio who purchased the debt that says she swears the list of debts they purchased from HSBC has my name and that amount on it...that's it. To me that is NOT veification or validation that I owe the debt, so there's no way I'm saying ..."showing me the affidavit and I will give you the almost $1000..that I don't already owe you"

or remove."

"You have 15 days, otherwise you leave me no choice but to file legal action to remove."

Thank you.

Mr. and Mrs. Goodguy

I think you are wasting your time with the CA and OC if your goal here is CRA removal.

I don't, my point in bothering both the OC and CA was to find out just what they have that might hold up in court....it appears to me they neither have anything or they would have produced it by now.

of course I've written the CRAs with CMRRR letters for MOV, but my reasoning was just for a paper trail, I doubt very seriously that it will do any good to get them to remove it...

I would like imput from anyone else here who has been faced with a collection the CA/purchaser has on your collection, updates each month as 180 days past due, and verifies with the CRA.

What did you do that made them realize you weren't going to give up and make them delete?

and trueq, thanks for your input, it's appreciated, it really is.

I'm not sure from your post what you're getting at, but I can tell you that Portfolio is a member of the BBB. During my 6+ month "fight" with them I had to get involved with the BBB and the Virginia Office of Consumer Affairs. I finally won, but it wasn't easy. The more aggressive I got, the more aggressive they got....