Pentagon Federal Credit Union PenFed Approval

Hey fizz, how long did it take for ur card to show up on your account so u can do a BT??

And for anyone else that wants to help, I am on 0 int right now with a 871 balance on one of my citi cards, and a 0 balance on the rest of my cards other than the 2689 with citi on the 9200 limit card, that is 0 int too, how much in int would i have to pay if i bt'd the 871 over for the 2.99 for life?

if i don't pif before the days up i will have 10.99 v, should i just go ahead and pif the 871 and maybe bt half the balance from my 9200 card over for the 2.99? I don't know if they will offer that 2.99 again!

Also I am thinkin about bt'n 200 something over from my gfcu card that i am going to have to spend anyway, over to the 2.99 deal i am at 12.84 that way i can save my cash for another month! what do u all think??

I am going to fire my hsbc card but i may wait for the 1 year mark before i do that! and see what happens, but if i don't have pay history like a 0 balance for a few months i don't know if that will even help as far as history goes and helping my fico, so why keep it open if i don't need it! lol..

They can't say that i pyramid debt because I only did one bt from a high int sl to the citi card, so since i have went from 3489 in december to 2689 now! And 1741 to 871 in one month on my other citi card! lol..

Just hoping i got the approval, there wasn't a pend, it just said approved, so who knows! there is no comments like others i have seen. I have no clue why i got approved for these cards i have only been a member for 2 days and have 20.00 in my savings lol... Thanks for allowing me to throw my fit lol!!!

OR with all this new credit, just go and leave a balance and keep paying them down and put small amounts on the other cards and don't BT! I think that may be the best! but want input.. Sorry for the thread jack, but this pertains to penfed and i didn't want to open a NEW post! Don't be mad fizzle!

First, your credit card should show up on the penfed website instantly. It arrived in the mail a week I think. I think if you read this massive thread, I posted when I got it but I can't remember off the top of my head. As far as the penfed website you have to click "VIEW CREDIT CARDS" at the bottom of the page in order for them to show up online.

I have no clue about all the other stuff you are talking about. But I'm pretty much in the same situation, I have 6K in cc debt that is on two CC with 0% until Nov. I'm just planning on getting another 0% interest card in Oct to transfer it to.

i just looked on the acct and it says the card is now open and shows my limit, i am awaiting for the gold card to post as well, but if it was instant for you then that is wild, because yesterday before i went to work i didn't have any credit cards where i click the link lol.. BTW, i did read a ton of what this post had to offer, and i seen where u said they send paper, u sign it, nothing yet, bam both in the mail! lol

thanks ihslancers, I just seen, everyone where NOW my gold card and my plat card both say disbursed!!! I am approved and it is in the works! 8g in credit in 3 days!!!!!! i was instantly approved for both cards, it would never let me finish the app though! wierd, it would hang up on the name, but i still got them! YAAAAAAAAAA.. that is why i love cu's cards and in the town dealing's because they are NOT indian and they can speak my language!!!!!!!

now you need to add them to your sig. :D

already added!

Fizzle, I don't run up debt.. I hate being tied down to it, I owe 2689 on my 9200 card and 871 on my 2800 card, and 0 on my 5,000 card, I haven't even swiped my citi cards but twice, and that was once a peice! My circuit city has 153 on it because i wanted to keep it active, i may do a BT from cc because the int! other than that, these cards will be used but only for stuff i have the cash to PIF right then!

Tarbaby, what might u be talkin about when u say take advantage of the bt and run it up? Nothing other than if u default the APR only goes to the 13.99 or the 10.99 THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!

I got the papers today for my 3,000 card, signed and sent back now!

Also a question, of course we all know 0 int is the best but when it runs out u end up with the varible 10.99 or 7.99 that will go up! So do u take advantage of the 2.99 bt with PENFED and pay a little extra for the int now because in the FULL term of the bt u are at 2.99 so wouldn't it be better to pay a bit of int now and then maybe come out ahead later? I am asking because I don't know if penfed will ever offer 2.99 again!!!!!!! If anyone knows if penfed has ever offered this please let me know!

If anyone knows if penfed has ever offered this please let me know!

me too me too!!! i was wondering that very same thing.

fizz said "just be good and don't run up debt on those cards"....i was just wondering what happens if you do run it up. not default..but max out.

See I'm also faced with trying to decide what I should do with 2800 on my citi card at zero interest until the end of oct 08. But I think I'm just going to keep it on my citi card and hope I pay it off by the end of Oct...if not...then Ill look at getting another 0% card.

it was at 4.9 now down to 2.9 so it may go back to 4.9 mid june

WOW, PENFED was 4.9 and now 2.9? WOW, I will hope for a nice 4.9 bt at a fixed rate if they offer 4.9 for the life of BT.. Better than 7.99 v or 10.99v, or 13.99 fixed! I hope so! yeah u can't beat the 0 % for 12 mos like citi does!!!

Just applied and was approved for membership, very easy process. Then I went and applied for the platinum cc, asked for 5k. I know I wont get the 5k, just hoping for an approval. Not instant, it's under review. Keeping fingers crossed...

hey recheck, and if there is a radio button that u can click, click it and do continue, and see if it tells u WHY it is pending! Mine went, like this, didn't even get to the end of the app, and something happend and it wouldn't let me go no further, so i exited out, and went back in a hair later, BAM there it was, approved, both cards and i didn't even have to click complete! I am happy with em!!! they do only have a 50.00 cap a day that u can upload till i think someone said 6mos!

Request Denied! Reason is: Limited credit experience and pyramiding debts :-(

Limited credit ok, but the pyramiding debts is bull! Hmm, I have 6 credit cards, 3 have zero balances and 3 are 50% balance. Think I can do a recon for a lesser limit, or does the pyramiding thing keep me out all together?

Did you call them and ask waht pyramiding means? Anyone knows?

Request Denied! Reason is: Limited credit experience and pyramiding debts :-(

Limited credit ok, but the pyramiding debts is bull! Hmm, I have 6 credit cards, 3 have zero balances and 3 are 50% balance. Think I can do a recon for a lesser limit, or does the pyramiding thing keep me out all together?