tydaddy

What is the best way for me to handle this situation?

I need some serious advice on how to handle my current situation. I have fallen back into some serious delinquency on all my accounts the last few months. My husband lost his job and has been unable to get work - I was ill and unable to keep in contact with creditors and now we are in serious dire straits! I have managed to make arrangements with my mortgage company, heloc and finance company that has my car loan but I have Sears, Best Buy, Amex, Beneficial all in collections. I have NOT yet talked to the Collection people and want to know if I should contact the OC directly (even though they still are in collections) to try and make arrangements. I am working as much as I can but cannot make full payments to anyone because I have to spread out the money. We're doing everything in our power to get on our feet but we're so behind it almost seems futile. :( We are 3 months behind on all the accounts.

How do I handle without putting myself in Collection #$(*)*$! I can't believe I'm here again! :(

Thanks for your help!

Do you mean the accounts are with "in-house" collection at the OCs or have they been sent to CAs? I think if you are only 3 months behind, you may be able to work something out with the OCs. Give them a call.