vibrance

Transunion has 2 files on me

Okay, I can remember reading about this, but can't remember what it's called. I just got my transunion credit report- and there were only 2 items on it, then I search and look and it says I have been in there files since 6/2007.... um I am 31 years old and I have kept all my credit reports since Jan 24, 1994 so I know they had me on file longer than this, how do I remedy this situation? I think it may be because of a name change. But still, my social is the same. What is up with that, are they that dumb?????

It's what's called a "split file' and you will have to call Transunion, let them know you have a split file and get them to merge the two files back together. As always, when dealing with a CRA, be persistent. You'll get what you want that way ;)

It happens sometimes. Do you pull your reports daily from a service like True Credit?

I used to, but I will be ordering a new service like that soon. I cleaned me and my husbands credit reports up tremendously about 2 years ago using this site. Haven't been up on it in a while, but going at it again. Back then with Exp I had 18 potential negative items, 3 positive items. Now with Exp I have 5neg and 5 positives. May 2007 we purchased our first home- I owe a lot to this site. I believe my score was 479 then, and last year when we bought our home it was 669. Hallelujah!