Hooters is MERRICK BANK!!

So far, they have actually done a good job with my Hooters card. Decent enough customer service and easy internet access to my account. No predatory scams so far, but I still keep them under scrutiny.

I second that. Although my APR is a bit high, it's a decent rebuilding card if kept in the sock drawer with minimal usage (PIF every month). I'm up for my CLI on this month's statement, so we'll see how generous they're feeling. ;)

28.5% I'd say is kind of predatory.

No billing and holding tricks though.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that. My APR used to be 23% and it has already come down to 19% from when I first got my card without even asking. I'm not even at 6 months with them yet before I even started seeing the interest rate come down. I've had no complaints with them and love using the card. I just love my family's expression "You have Hooters card!!". lol

I decided I was tired of the terms of my Hooters card.. too high of interest and I was too tempted to use it for points.. so I shredded it today. I still have it stored on my Verizon account so I can pay on that if I wanted, and it has autopay for TC on there, but other than that.. I wont be using it any more. Fun while it lasted. LOL