MrHunter602

Need a new B* website. Any ideas?

Well, since I haven't tilted at this particular windmill in awhile, let me say...

Save your money.

Bumpage is an urban myth.

CRAs are required BY LAW to keep all inquiries for at least two years. People looking to grant you credit get to see a year's worth...people looking at your reports for employment purposes get to see two years.

You, on the other hand, only get to see what fits on the screen. There is no law that says the consumer gets to see ALL inquiries.

And, yes, I know...FAKO's and the FICO's you get to see to seem to rise when "baddies" disappear from the reports you see. That's because the FICO you get to see has nothing to do with whether someone will grant you credit.

Well, since I haven't tilted at this particular windmill in awhile, let me say...

Save your money.

Bumpage is an urban myth.

CRAs are required BY LAW to keep all inquiries for at least two years. People looking to grant you credit get to see a year's worth...people looking at your reports for employment purposes get to see two years.

You, on the other hand, only get to see what fits on the screen. There is no law that says the consumer gets to see ALL inquiries.

And, yes, I know...FAKO's and the FICO's you get to see to seem to rise when "baddies" disappear from the reports you see. That's because the FICO you get to see has nothing to do with whether someone will grant you credit.

I have to disagree as well. I had 30 inquiries on TU, and now I have 6. NOBODY has been able to see the ones that have gone away. They don't show up on myfico, they don't show up on reports that lenders pull, they don't show up anywhere. And I'm referring to inquiries from less than one year ago.

They may not be deleted, but they're not visable anywhere. This I know for a fact.

What other online services are people using besides TC?

Greetings.

You may have read the sticky with information pertaining to chase services. There are actually two. The old one most referred to on here, however they are not taking new clients when you call and refer you to their new service with different software.

Personally, from the trial I used - I liked the format of Truecredit. Once you sift through the information after you print it from Chase - you will get used to it, but truecredit's reports are far superior, overall better organized. You just have to get used to Chase's convuleted system whereas you may think you have multiple instances of a tradeline but if you read carefully - you will see that sometimes they put it once for EFX and TU and again for EQ or vice versa - then in the summary and then listed as the negative on your report. Just gotta decipher it a bit. :)

Here is their new web address. It is less expensive than TrueCredit however so at least there's that!

https://www.chaseidprotection.com/

Well...in order to retain my reputation as a moderator...let me point you to

http://www.truecredit.com/help/learnCenter/welcome/inquiries.jsp

...specifically the paragraph that reads.

How long do they last? Most hard inquiries remain on your credit report for two years from the original placement. All inquiries must stay on your credit report for at least a year.

It is possible that the horse is speaking out of both sides of his mouth...but...TrueCredit also says bumpage doesn't change anything.

I suspect that either inquiries fell off your reports in the normal passage of time...or...as I said, you're not able to see all the ones that are still there.

I don't ususally post much but I can tell you bumping is working still on both TU and EQ on both my husband's and mine. I have received CR's in the mail and also buying my FICO's and they are showing the sames as Identy Protect that I use for the monitoring service.

My DH went from 27 TU in Dec to 0 as of yesterday and 17 EQ to 0 as of Sat.

• Like 1

If bumping did not work, TU would not be banning folks from TrueCredit after x amount of time due to bumping.

Also too, I can tell you right now, that if I ask for a "Mortgage Fico" from a friend of mine who is a rep, he'll be able to tell me if those inquiries are still there (and he'd tell me they won't be).

I will concede the point that INQs are supposed to be there for the 2 years. But in all fairness, they are gone...both from my view and a potential creditor.

Furthermore, I can assure that the INQs that did fall out are not because of passage of time. Many of them were generated within the past few months...and they are gone.

there was a thread or sticky on the credit monitoring services available. didn't remember off hand where it is.

I use privacy matters 123. At one time if you cancelled prior to the expiration of the trial period, they would offer you services for one year at the cost of one month $29.95.

good luck

*B is real, highly reliable and duplicateable, and a staple of TU inq removals for this web resource.
And certainly one of the reasons that people keep paying them every month. If you read the link I posted, you'll see that they do make a distinction between "hard" and "soft" inquiries.
"hard inquiries" that occur when a business views your credit report for the purpose of an application and "soft inquiries" that occur when your credit is checked for other reasons

Soft inquiries have no effect on your scores. Your pulls are soft. You bump other soft inquiries.

The hard inquiries stay...and fall off of their own accord as they age. Since nobody else is beating down the door to offer you credit, no new hard inquiries occur.

And, all the time, TrueCredit (and the other "credit monitoring" scams) take your money.

Here's a test. Document your results and post them here. Apply for a credit card. Any card. Doesn't matter if you get turned down. Notice the hard pull on your reports. See how many bumps you need to make that disappear.

Soft inquiries have no effect on your scores. Your pulls are soft. You bump other soft inquiries.

The hard inquiries stay...and fall off of their own accord as they age. Since nobody else is beating down the door to offer you credit, no new hard inquiries occur.

Here's a test. Document your results and post them here. Apply for a credit card. Any card. Doesn't matter if you get turned down. Notice the hard pull on your reports. See how many bumps you need to make that disappear.

NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bumps (soft pulls we do) get rid of the HARD pulls creditors do.

Inquiries are such a small part of a score. If I'm at a 400 range (for example), and I have 5 inquiries, and I bump them all, I know and expect to get denied and have 1 inquiry on the report.

Forget about me, but you have longstanding, trusted CIC members saying *Bs are real. I myself did not believe it because of people like you (the trusted moderator) saying it was a myth. Yet all these folks (and now myself included) are saying that *Bs are not BS. Only reason I was bothering was because I got to see what my report was everyday so it was serving a dual purpose. If bumping worked, fine, if it didn't, that's fine too. BUT IT DOES WORK!!! It does take a couple of months (at least it did with me) of pulling on TC everyday (or nearly) but bumps do occur ones every 4-5 days. Forget the law, this is what is happening...why can't you accept that?

And certainly one of the reasons that people keep paying them every month. If you read the link I posted, you'll see that they do make a distinction between "hard" and "soft" inquiries.

And, all the time, TrueCredit (and the other "credit monitoring" scams) take your money.

My personal theory on the effect of "*B" is that the continued pulls through a credit monitoring system simply push actual inquiries(whether hard or soft) off the part of the credit report that is released to lenders or to us as consumers. Your point, as far as Transunion needing to keep those for legal purposes i think is entirely accurate. However, i think you may be misinterpreting the letter of the law. The law states the credit bureaus must keep track of inquiries for X number of years and so forth, but, does not state to whom this record must be disclosed and in what capacity. Without that, I doubt they could be held to specific performance and full disclosure. I am certain, furthermore that each credit bureaus, if threatened with some sort of related legal issue, could pull records involving each and every single item ever disputed and "deleted" from our credit reports, trade line, account whatever.

Now to answer your point about "helping". yes, from a lending standpoint (i am a loan officer, and have been doing loans for quite some years) inquires do not make much difference. However, they do make SOME difference. The point value for each inquiry i believe to be fallacious. I think the fico adjustment (if any) comes in brackets like: 1-10, (0pts) 11-20 (5pts) 21-31 (10pts) or something to that effect, since inquires under 10 for me have not proved to be worth removing.

Personally, I have 5 inquiries on TU, 0 on EQ and 19 on EX. Due to the reasons you've stated, its not worth my time to pursue removing inquiries on equifax at this time. The others were very simple, however, and the lack of prior inquires made a substantial difference when I got my car loan.

Ive had hard inquiries, from credit cards i did not receive, slowly be bumped in sequential order from my Transunion report. Much later, I ran a mortgage credit report on myself at work, and the inquires were still not present. Bear in mind this is the same report used to approve, price, fund and sell a home loan, in most cases another is never pulled. I have reran it here at work, but there are so many variables, I cannot comment on whether there was a direct improvement to my scores only by inquiry removal. Just note, I have had to deny a mortgage or two due to excessive inquires on the clients credit report. (another lender took the loan in both instances, but they did have to write a detailed explanation concerning the amount of inquiries.)

Yes, credit monitoring is most likely not worth the cost if THE ONLY REASON is you have an important financial purchase that will pull TU in exactly 60 days. But most have a need to get a rough idea of the progress they are making, such as I, and TrueCredit or similar proved a cheap solution to kill two birds with one stone. I am about to cancel, as my WAMU card provide a true bankcard fico free to me every month.

Most are delusional and/or overly optimistic about inquiries. Some, understand their weight and have an actual purpose to serve. Some, (as ive seen on here) do stuff like the equifax email trick for each and every inquiry as they occur...:shock:

Just wanted your blood pressure to hear that someone at least understood part of what you were trying to get across. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the comments...

The law states the credit bureaus must keep track of inquiries for X number of years and so forth, but, does not state to whom this record must be disclosed and in what capacity.
Exactly my point. They certainly don't show in the CRs that us consumers have access to...as evidenced by the folks who see inquiries fall off.
inquires do not make much difference. However, they do make SOME difference. The point value for each inquiry i believe to be fallacious. I think the fico adjustment (if any) comes in brackets like: 1-10, (0pts) 11-20 (5pts) 21-31 (10pts) or something to that effect, since inquires under 10 for me have not proved to be worth removing.
Again, my exactly my point, although I do beleive there is a distinction between "hard" inquiries from those that at thinking about offering you credit...and "soft" inquiries that we (and probably CAs) do. And, FICO scoring is indeed all about categories...so they do lump multiple inqs together.
Yes, credit monitoring is most likely not worth the cost
And, yet again, exactly my point. There may be times when watching your reports on a weekly or monthly basis is indeed worth doing (like when your first cleaning up, or in the midst of serious disputing), but, in general, you can do that through www.annualcreditreport.com with updates after each dispute.
There may be times when watching your reports on a weekly or monthly basis is indeed worth doing (like when your first cleaning up, or in the midst of serious disputing), but, in general, you can do that through www.annualcreditreport.com with updates after each dispute.

Remember though, when you use annualcreditreport.com for disputes, it automatically gives them 45 days as opposed to 30. I remember reading that on the net and in this forum but don't remember where. I can try to find it again if you need it. :)++

I must say when I had the so called credit monitoring system, I did keep very good records and have to admit that my inquiries from Transunion and Equifax fell off. It did take some time but they were gone. Experian was the only one that no inquiries fell off my report. I don't know hwre they went or how it happened but it worked and they were removed.

Remember though, when you use annualcreditreport.com for disputes, it automatically gives them 45 days as opposed to 30.
Correct. Its in the FCRA. And again, whether the extra 15 days is worth paying depends on what you're disputing and why.