DV'd AFNI - Received letter please advise.

glamchick

After Dv'ing AFNI I received a letter stating the following on the 35th day:

We have received your dipute but we are unable to confirm at this time. You have provided insufficient information to substaniate your claim. We will complete our investigation within 30 days of receipt of the following information:

the specifice dispute

drivers license #

proof of residency

phone number

Then it has the amount I owe at the bottom.

Please tell me what to do now?

Thanks

Bonnie

Funny how the information they are requesting looks just like the information people in Nigeria keep asking me for to claim my millions of dollars. I would point that out as well bringing it to their attention that they are ones who claim you owe them, and therefore, should already have all of that information. I would make it "10 days to reply" this time since their reply was obviously a stall tactic and they don't have the information.

And yes, I would put all of the above in the letter to them!

LOL thats what I thought. I mean they mailed a letter to me at my address, why would they need me to send them my drivers license?? Weird. I mailed another DV today telling them they are in violation, they must delete within 15 days. Also they reported me again on my CR which my original letters states they are not to!!!

I reported them to the BBB just know the FTC is next.

What a bunch of jerks!!!

I've about to give up on afni, I have dv'd three times and get that same letter in response every time. Plus the ca when I dispute with them they delete AFNI but within two days they are right back again and not to mention they have duplicated the account on my cr. Does this endless cycle ever end?

I've about to give up on afni, I have dv'd three times and get that same letter in response every time. Plus the ca when I dispute with them they delete AFNI but within two days they are right back again and not to mention they have duplicated the account on my cr. Does this endless cycle ever end?

Did the CRA notify you of the reinsertion? If not they're liable for FCRA violations.

Sounds like you need to get tough with both the CA and CRA.

Bonnie,

You did not say if your DV was timely.

There is nothing illegal with the CA asking for identification. There is nothing illegal with you refusing.

It is hard to know if the response from the CA is a stall or a genuine inquiry. Handle it as you see fit.I would just respond back that the FDCPA does not require you to provide the information they requested and that you consider that they have not validated the debt. Now, you know, of course, that the FDCPA does not define validation. So, from a minimalist point of view, so long as they verified the data with the OC, all they must provide is the name and address of the original creditor.

The FTC is starting to come down on the industry at large for not doing a good job of handling consumer complaints. I suggest that you write complaint letters to the BBB in their city, the FTC, the AG of your state, the AG of their state, the Complaint Resolution Officer at the CA and the Complaint Resolution Officer at the ACA.

The ACA, believe it or not, is working closely with the FTC to create a complaint resolution process. It is in its infancy but there seems to be a genuine recognition on the part of the ACA that it they don't do something, Congress will. Lord help us all if Congress gets involved because you never what sort of foolishness they will deliver unto us.

they must delete within 15 days. Also they reported me again on my CR which my original letters states they are not to!!!

You can demand it. But, they are not required to do so. All a DV requires is that they (1) cease collection activity if the DV was timely until such time as they respond to your DV request and (2) mark your tradeline "disputed" until such time as they respond.