Experian Reports Tax Lien Since Jesus was born

atu90278

My Experian report shows a $102 tax lien reported since 01/01/0001. I feel that this should be removed because nobody should have to have a tax lien reported since Jesus Christ was born. I have tried to dispute this with Experian and they will not let me investigate. They show it was accurately verified several months ago.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

EX is the hardest to deal with I have a tax Lien and some judgments on my EX.The judgments were obtained falsely while on active duty and the lean was expunged by my state. TU and EQ removed them no prob but EX will not budge and I dont know what to do next.

My Experian report shows a $102 tax lien reported since 01/01/0001. I feel that this should be removed because nobody should have to have a tax lien reported since Jesus Christ was born. I have tried to dispute this with Experian and they will not let me investigate. They show it was accurately verified several months ago.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

Obviously this is an inaccurate TL. Dispute and they will verify with public records and will update correctly. If it has been satisfied it might go away. If not, then likely it will remain but with the year accurately reported.

I think you guys are missing the point. The point is that Experian refuses to accept my disputes for this tax lien that was filed. The report date is 01/01/0001, almost 2007 years ago.

It's really just an example of how negligent and incompetent Experian is.

I will file my lawsuit today and post how it went. But, I would still like to know what corporate entity I should list on the lawsuit? Experian Scorex, LLC, Experian Information Services, Inc? Does anybody know?

Actually, thinking about this, it is indicative of a problem, and he should want to get it fixed.

Even if it's unpaid and has a reporting time of 15 years, this tradeline is now 1,984 years past due to be deleted. Why hasn't it been deleted yet? My first thought is that the automated process that deletes come-of-age tradelines can't handle this out of range date. (It's a common problem to deal with if you're a programmer) If that's true, this tradeline will never go away unless they fix the date.

atu, have you called them and spoken to a live, English-speaking human? The automated systems may reject any further investigation, but surely anyone who is not brain dead will see a date 2000 years old and know they need to fix something.

not trying to troll at all.

The OP said he feels it should be removed.

Jason said maybe the OP just wants it corrected.

I'm just showing Jason that the OP doesn't just want it corrected, he wants it removed.

If that's what you call trolling............WHATEVER!

So you think it should be removed for a type - o?

Good luck with that.

Well, last time I checked the FCRA says they need to report accurate information.

Lets say you have a credit card with a debt of $1000, and Experian reports it as $100,000. Would you just say " aw, those nice guys at experian just made a typo" or would you be pissed?

And, if they refused to investigate it, and claim that they already investigated it and it came back as accurate, wouldnt you be really fuming? Or would you say, "aw shucks, they just made a typo"

I dont think its exceptable for credit reporting bureaus, who's information has a huge impact on the quality of life that we lead should be allowed to make "typos", and even worse be allowed to leave the "Typos" on the report.

Next time I apply for a credit card and I am declined, I'm just going to explain that those collections on my Experian report are just "Typos". When they ask about my 610 score, I'll just let them know it was a "Typo".

By the way, since I didnt get any answers for which Corp entity I should sue, I discovered in California it is Experian Information Solutions, Inc, DBA Experian. At least I hope so.

• Like 1

I wouldn't blame you at all for being upset with them for not fixing it. I think you have every right to have it corrected. If they don't, yeah, I would be pissed and I don't blame you for being pissed if they aren't correcting it.

In fact, I'd be all for you receiving damages provided by law should you prove your case in court.

However, FORGIVING your tax debt because of a type-o is totally different. No I don't think you should get out of paying taxes you owe because of a type - o. No I don't think it should be removed from your credit report if it is a legitimate debt because someone entered a 0 instead of a 2.

If that makes me a troll so be it, I'm a troll.

I don’t believe the spirit of this site is to get people out of legitimate debts and/or get legitimate entries on credit reports removed for technicalities. If you disagree and feel it should be removed go for it, file a case.

Though, I wouldn’t ask for a jury trial if I were you.

To answer some questions, yes of course I want it removed.

Yes, I contacted Experian. I was informed that the item had already been verified as accurate. When I spoke with the woman, she also seemed to miss the point and just continually asked me "whats the next item I can help you with?"

I live near the County Recorders office. I could go down, obtain a certified copy of the alleged $102 lien, and mail it certified mail to Experian. I would then be out the expense of gasoline, copy fees, parking, lost wages, and extra grey hair. Why would I do Experian this favor? I've notified them, which they ignored, and thats enough for me. They have the burden of proof to report accurately, and if they do not, they should be held accountable.

I wouldn't blame you at all for being upset with them for not fixing it. I think you have every right to have it corrected. If they don't, yeah, I would be pissed and I don't blame you for being pissed if they aren't correcting it.

In fact, I'd be all for you receiving damages provided by law should you prove your case in court.

However, FORGIVING your tax debt because of a type-o is totally different. No I don't think you should get out of paying taxes you owe because of a type - o. No I don't think it should be removed from your credit report if it is a legitimate debt because someone entered a 0 instead of a 2.

If that makes me a troll so be it, I'm a troll.

I don’t believe the spirit of this site is to get people out of legitimate debts and/or get legitimate entries on credit reports removed for technicalities. If you disagree and feel it should be removed go for it, file a case.

Though, I wouldn’t ask for a jury trial if I were you.

I agree with alot of what you say. People need to take personal responsibility for legitimate debts, and stop trying to weasle out of them. At the same time, goverment agencies, corporations, and many businesses also need to be responsible, and they're not. When companies like CASH CALL loan money to people at a 98% interest rate, they already know who they are marketing to. Its to people with low credit scores who are desperate, and who cannot pay it back. They use carefully devised schemes to be able to ream the individuals for as much as they possible can, now, or several years in the future.

Companies like USBANK purposely market to individuals on chexsystems. They do this because they know that collecting bank fees is a lucrative business, and what better people to market to then someone who has already demonstrated an inability to manage there checking accounts?

The point is these corporations and goverment entities are DESIGNED to get as much from you as they possibly can. This means the term "legitimate debt" is very blurry.

I live near the County Recorders office. I could go down, obtain a certified copy of the alleged $102 lien, and mail it certified mail to Experian. I would then be out the expense of gasoline, copy fees, parking, lost wages, and extra grey hair. Why would I do Experian this favor? I've notified them, which they ignored, and thats enough for me. They have the burden of proof to report accurately, and if they do not, they should be held accountable.

The last thing you want is to give EX proof the lien is yours, and unpaid. It will stick to you like glue for the life of the TL (ask me how I know.. oh ya.. I did send them that kind of proof) Your going to have to call them, actually get a human on the phone and tell them there is no possiable way that tax lein is yours. You might need special handling to get it done. Someone there should understand that..

1) in 0001 the US dollar did not exist.

2) in 0001 America had not been discovered or settled

3) in 0001 The north American natives did not use money

4) You where not born until at least 1950 years later

5) The government owed the 100 bucks did not exist either on a state or federal level until 1800 years later.