Hard inquiries? how much do they affect score?

BTO429

I have around 10 or 12 inquiries that are on my report that are at or close to the 2 year reporting period. When the come off about how much will m score improve?

ust curios as too average amount of points each inquiry lowers yer score. I was comparing rates on a refi for my house.

Inquiries only affect your score for 1 year but remain on your report for 2. If you have an increase in score after they drop off it will not be because of your inquiries being gone.

I know if you shop for a mortgage within a 14 day window all inquires count as one but for a refinance I am not sure if that would read like a mortgage or not.

As for point values on inquiries. No one really knows. I have had one inquiry drop my score 12 points before and then have had a couple of others that only dropped it 1 point. It is all in the mathimatical formula that FICO uses vs everything weighted on your CR's.

Hope this helps. :)++

They will automatically fall off. Now if you were desperate to get them off NOW. I've already been able to average that if you were to get 4 of the most recent inqs off your report you would get anywhere from 3-7 pts back. Same if you start applying for credit. Once you reach a total of 4 inqs on your CR you will experience a Fico dip worth about the same amount. So the magic number is 4.