Got Bloomingdales!

So yesterday I was at work with nothing to work on and I decided that I could use a new clothing store credit card......lol. I remember that about a year ago Bloomingdales declined me, so I thought I would give them another shot. And what do you know? They approved me instantly online, gave me my account # but no limit. So I called their automated system and it told me my limit was $300. Not too happy with the limit but I was like whatever.... Then I get an email from Macy's telling me I need to call them immediately regarding my application. So I guess Macy's and Bloomingdales are the same? :confused::confused::confused: But anyhow, I call and answer a few identity questions and then she tells me okay thank you for your time-you can now use your Bloomingdales card and your limit is $1000. So that was pretty cool. :) They pulled Experian and my FAKO was 589. My FICO's usually tend to be higher than my FAKO's.

So, got a new tradeline with $1000 limit and that's always cool. Plus, like Macy's they have outrageous clearances. :)

congrats on the new TL

Yes, I think bloomies and macy's are either the same or processed by the same company. I got both around the same time. I haven't used the bloomingdale's card, and they haven't reported yet. Macy's reported once I used the card. Maybe I'll purchase something online from Bloomies. There are no stores near me.

Again, congrats

Congrats.

I applied for a Macys card online. Hit the submit button and recd the following message:

Thank you for applying.

Continue Shopping.

I figured I would get a letter in the mail telling me to beat it. Anyway I called and was told that I was not approved. Probably because I have a freeze on my EX report. I added the security freeze in hopes that they would pull my TU or EQ(higher scores).

The csr transferred me to another dept and they confirmed the denial and agreed to activate an old acct from FOUR years ago with a $200.00 limit.

Not what I was hoping for but it's better than nothing. I hope it will increase my score by showing a 4 yr credit history. (fingers crossed)

If you can get approved for one of them, more than likely you can get the other.

They don't start reporting until you use them. I've got both, as does DH. Just periodically check out their online sale sections, and they have pretty fast shipping.

Congrats on the card!!!

That's good to know. I think I will hold off on applying at Bloomies though. I want my Macys limit to be a little higher than it is now before I start going to Bloomies (Bloomies is about one or two steps up from Macys in terms of selection...they are a bit on the high end but definitely below Neiman-Marcus and Lords and Taylor).

Last year, right after I was approved for Macy's online, I tried for Bloomies and was declined. It has been about a year and I had forgotten about them. Their clearance section, to me, isn't as good as Macy's but you can still find some great markdowns!!! Especially on kid and womens stuff!!!

That's good to know. I think I will hold off on applying at Bloomies though. I want my Macys limit to be a little higher than it is now before I start going to Bloomies (Bloomies is about one or two steps up from Macys in terms of selection...they are a bit on the high end but definitely below Neiman-Marcus and Lords and Taylor).

If I remember correctly, Bloomingdales will usually give you a higher initial CL than you get with Macy's; but Macy's is better with the CLIs. When I got mine, I got $300 from Macy's and $1,000 from Bloomies.

If I remember correctly, Bloomingdales will usually give you a higher initial CL than you get with Macy's; but Macy's is better with the CLIs. When I got mine, I got $300 from Macy's and $1,000 from Bloomies.

That really is good to know. I will wait around May and apply, when I am due even another CLI. While I would love to get another Tradeline, I want a couple of months with Macys as leverage with Bloomies so I can get that nice TL (as I have $300 now with them).

Deanna,

Macy's is GREEEAAAAT with sales. I truly do love them. I just got a nice Kenneth Cole wool coat that originally was worth $350 for $103.99 (it was on sale orignally for $129.99, but after putting in a free shipping code and getting 20% off for using the Macys card, the markdown was even sweeter). Macys really is good on sales...especially around Xmas.

Deanna,

Macy's is GREEEAAAAT with sales. I truly do love them. I just got a nice Kenneth Cole wool coat that originally was worth $350 for $103.99 (it was on sale orignally for $129.99, but after putting in a free shipping code and getting 20% off for using the Macys card, the markdown was even sweeter). Macys really is good on sales...especially around Xmas.

The red pea coat? Great deal! A few months ago, I got a pair of $215 Via Spiga heels for $17.99!!!! :D

• 1 month later...

I was approved a few days ago. I haven't received my card yet but I saw other's getting a CLI instantly so I called and said "Having utilization in mind, there's not much I can charge with a $200 limit". He asked how much I wanted it raised and I was modest and asked for a $200 CLI and he said yes instantly. I should have asked for more...

I was approved a few days ago. I haven't received my card yet but I saw other's getting a CLI instantly so I called and said "Having utilization in mind, there's not much I can charge with a $200 limit". He asked how much I wanted it raised and I was modest and asked for a $200 CLI and he said yes instantly. I should have asked for more....

Awesome! :)

Well...I decided on how best to utilize my Bloomies card while at the same time build a positive payment history with them as well as keeping overall utilization down.

I decided that I will collect cologne. DF thought she would also like perfume....but hey why not. I figure one of each every month on $1200 will be more ideal then doing clothes shopping. (Actually...if I need a suit, I'll do it with them). Like Macys though, they will pretty much be reporting 0 every month, but the payment history is what I need so I can get a CLI later with them. I'll try that for a few months and see what happens.

My first purchase as the D&G father's day set [dark blue] (for myself...) and DF decided she wanted the DKNY mother's day set (for herself). We're not parents, but hey....why not. I get after shave too....I think next month we'll see how Burberry is doing. :)

(140/1200)*100 = 12% util

Not bad.

Well...I decided on how best to utilize my Bloomies card while at the same time build a positive payment history with them as well as keeping overall utilization down.

I decided that I will collect cologne. DF thought she would also like perfume....but hey why not. I figure one of each every month on $1200 will be more ideal then doing clothes shopping. (Actually...if I need a suit, I'll do it with them). Like Macys though, they will pretty much be reporting 0 every month, but the payment history is what I need so I can get a CLI later with them. I'll try that for a few months and see what happens.

My first purchase as the D&G father's day set [dark blue] (for myself...) and DF decided she wanted the DKNY mother's day set (for herself). We're not parents, but hey....why not. I get after shave too....I think next month we'll see how Burberry is doing. :)

(140/1200)*100 = 12% util

Not bad.

Not bad at all. That's what I use my bloomies for is perfume and makeup and such. Burberry was my last purchase, great smell. :)

Not bad at all. That's what I use my bloomies for is perfume and makeup and such. Burberry was my last purchase, great smell. :)

My nephew got me the Burberry Brit some time ago. Really nice cologne. I also like Armani Code.

I would have to double my salary to use Bloomies for clothes and such....there is just no way.